5th wheel height and drawbar weight for towing dolly?

scoffcruddle

As the title,my bro is making me a towing dolly and I want a bit of weight on the drawbar,how far forward should we have the 5th wheel pin?
Also is 1100mm a bit low?

As the title,my bro is making me a towing dolly and I want a bit of weight on the drawbar,how far forward should we have the 5th wheel pin?
Also is 1100mm a bit low?
Put the fifth wheel on the Hook Lift . There was somebody selling them. Not sure how much weight it would leave on the tractor. I think it was a Dutch company.

Put the fifth wheel on the Hook Lift . There was somebody selling them. Not sure how much weight it would leave on the tractor. I think it was a Dutch company.

I thought about it but decided against,purely because it would make for very hard turns,ok if you were picking up a trailer or moving on in a yard.

he’s virtually made it now,I’ll get a pic tomorrow.

The height is generally around 1250mm but can vary from 1200 to 1300. You could check the trailer you are hooking to the dolly by parking it on a level concrete surface and level it using the legs then measure from the rubbing plate to the floor.
As for the pin, on artic trailers there's regulations for the measurements from pin to front and other gibbery which most likely affect you.
Is your brother positioning the pin himself or is the pin on the trailer from when it was made?

The height is generally around 1250mm but can vary from 1200 to 1300. You could check the trailer you are hooking to the dolly by parking it on a level concrete surface and level it using the legs then measure from the rubbing plate to the floor.
As for the pin, on artic trailers there's regulations for the measurements from pin to front and other gibbery which most likely affect you.
Is your brother positioning the pin himself or is the pin on the trailer from when it was made?
I’ve a sliding 5th wheel but I want it to have some weight on the drawbar,I’m not planning on using the dolly a great deal,have a couple of artic trailers and I want to use one to move a 40’ shipping container I’ve bought.

Back