What are you up to in the workshop?

Virtual Mars bar time....
Screenshot_20201203-180043_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20201203-180046_Gallery.jpg

More to follow.
Clue, it has a very important role over the Christmas period!
Oh, and the nail is ground down to a pointy nub about 20mm high.

I've forewarned that I take no responsibility for clearing up after the damn thing!
Mrs AYF actually believes the guy selling that they are non shedding!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've forewarned that I take no responsibility for clearing up after the damn thing!
You'll know if it's the shedding variety soon enough, every needle and I mean every needle will stay behind as you take it out the door.

Just curious but where did you buy your tree,we export a good few trees into wales.

Fflip
Too many clues!😂

View attachment 84987View attachment 84988

Wanted one that can hold a lot of water to try and keep the tree fresh, especially given that this house is very warm, it can dry out quickly.
Plan is to wedge the tree in with wood.
As they say in all good cookery programmes ,
"Here's one I made earlier "
Note the upcycling of locally sourced, used haybob tines 😉😀😁
20201203_213514.jpg

Made a slight modification to the back gate on the neighbours crush, it used to be a standard gate latch that was at a very dodgy height which meant you had to bend over slightly and put your head right in line with the top bar, and you always had to be behind it to open or close it. I have a heap of trampoline springs but they are too strong for the latch then couldn’t find any other springs that suited the job but the bungee works perfectly. Can reach around from beside the crush and open and close the gate now which is much better!
A4124E8D-9C54-4158-A002-0CF71E69685E.jpeg

You showed me that before i think, is the original quickie one done with a ram with two extending ends ?
I don't know tbh, would there be enough room to get enough travel? I would say not on a combi as the pin needs to go through two sets of holes, the pins are touching in the middle on mine when they're retracted anyway.

I don't know tbh, would there be enough room to get enough travel? I would say not on a combi as the pin needs to go through two sets of holes, the pins are touching in the middle on mine when they're retracted anyway
I never studied it but id love to see how the quickie hydralic kit would work .

Any one on here ever made there own hydralic locking on a quickie combi euro head

I don't know tbh, would there be enough room to get enough travel? I would say not on a combi as the pin needs to go through two sets of holes, the pins are touching in the middle on mine when they're retracted anyway.
Could it be done with a ram on the lever?
Just blank out the bits that lock it open and closed?

Beutie of that would be the ability to change back to manual fairly wuickly if a hose birst or the ram got damaged.

Looking for Festoon lights to light a shed. Above a run of small pens allong a 10 bay shed.
They need to be 240v but I see a lot of strings advertised as 110 or 240v.

Is the only difference the plug?

Looking for Festoon lights to light a shed. Above a run of small pens allong a 10 bay shed.
They need to be 240v but I see a lot of strings advertised as 110 or 240v.

Is the only difference the plug?

Theres tons of 110v festoons lying idle near underground maintenance yards. I got a good few from my bro in law he was tell me that they get new lights for every job site they went on to and get skipped after

Reactions: AYF
Could it be done with a ram on the lever?
Just blank out the bits that lock it open and closed?

Beutie of that would be the ability to change back to manual fairly wuickly if a hose birst or the ram got damaged.
Yeah that would work!!

Reactions: AYF
When we have the 4 metre power harrow up and going i have a disc tool bar i want to put on the back for drilling, want to put press wheels on it lemken type thing. Priced up some off otico which make this sort of wheel, at near £60 each x 32 it gets a bit pricey, found a plastic type trolley wheel which i thought might be suitable so got one to see, would be a cheaper option at £20 ish.
IMG_0071.JPGIMG_0073.JPG
On now seeing one it probably isn't the right thing, stones will probably get stuck between spokes and frame and the profile is a bit rounded.
Not so easy to fit bearings either, mate suggested making them out of all metal which could probably be done for £16-17 in materials including bearings. Fair bit of work though but doable, so has anybody ideas or opinions?

When we have the 4 metre power harrow up and going i have a disc tool bar i want to put on the back for drilling, want to put press wheels on it lemken type thing. Priced up some off otico which make this sort of wheel, at near £60 each x 32 it gets a bit pricey, found a plastic type trolley wheel which i thought might be suitable so got one to see, would be a cheaper option at £20 ish.
View attachment 85072View attachment 85073
On now seeing one it probably isn't the right thing, stones will probably get stuck between spokes and frame and the profile is a bit rounded.
Not so easy to fit bearings either, mate suggested making them out of all metal which could probably be done for £16-17 in materials including bearings. Fair bit of work though but doable, so has anybody ideas or opinions?
What would happen if you popped that style tyre onto a steel tube?
Wouldn't turn individually but might be quite cost effective?

What would happen if you popped that style tyre onto a steel tube?
Wouldn't turn individually but might be quite cost effective?
I don't know, be a bit a bit of work to make a rim to support it i guess, it would have to be split to be able to fit it.

View attachment 85072View attachment 85073
Have you a photo of the correct type to see what it looks like

Back