Ford/New Holland

Someone was mentioning about the modification for the beacons on the new Holland’s.
this is a picture of it I took. It basically uses a modified harness that plugs into existing and two relays. This avoids running the current for the beacons through the lamp controller unit thereby avoiding overloading of the circuit board.
I wired my beacons up through a relay so they now switch off once you turn the ignition off,bloody foolish how they stay on when you turn off the ignition.

I wired my beacons up through a relay so they now switch off once you turn the ignition off,bloody foolish how they stay on when you turn off the ignition.
Yep. That is a much better job. Two 55w beacons left on and not noticed on a summers day would leave a battery low after a couple of hours.

Hi not sure if this is the right forum, have a ts115a.

Cab is perished, plastic is gone brittle and leaking a bit now. We've tried a fibreglass patch, lasted a while.
Would closed cell expanding foam be worth a try?

Few pics of the first tractor I bought new back in 1989 if anyone interested... This 7610 SQ series 2 was fitted with the old crash box as in 5000 / 67-7700 tractors. It cost 17k and was supposed to come with a pewter model at the time sporting its own registration number, something I never received sadly...

It's still here today although been in hibernation some years now.. Hard to believe 31 years ago we were paid to chop good dry straw as nobody required it !

7610 1989.jpg7610 1989 (2).jpg7610 1989 (3).jpg7610 1989 (4).jpg7610 1989 (5).jpg

Last edited:
Few pics of the first tractor I bought new back in 1989 if anyone interested... This 7610 SQ series 2 was fitted with the old crash box as in 5000 / 67-7700 tractors. It cost 17k and was supposed to come with a pewter model at the time sporting its own registration number, something I never received sadly...

It's still here today although been in hibernation some years now.. Hard to believe 31 years ago we were paid to chop good dry straw as nobody required it !

View attachment 85263View attachment 85264View attachment 85265View attachment 85266View attachment 85267
A contractor local had x2 7610 super Q’s with the crash boxes,never seen any others.

I thought them crash boxes only came out with the ap cab?
Yes many folk think that and have commented on mine many times over the years, they were quite uncommon.

The crash box was an option on SQ tractors and was cheaper if specified. I opted for it at the time as I didn't care for the synchro version often being in a slow reverse speed when selected, and the need to change two gear levers to amend this.

Back in the 80's straw field burning was common practice around here and we used to get asked to bale around headlands with our JD550 round baler, reverse into the field and tip out the loose straw bale. The farmers then cultivated around the cleared headland to create a fire break and torched the field of straw.... Crash box with fast reverse on main gear lever was ideal ! I'm sure it would have also been the preferred option for loader work too.

lads im wondering if there's any difference between paint used on 40 series with nh decals compared to what the tm's used?

lads im wondering if there's any difference between paint used on 40 series with nh decals compared to what the tm's used?
All 40 series, and early TS will be Ford Blue. Later ones were NH blue, and I presume all TMs were NH blue

Reactions: c4l
Back