Fertilizer Price Tracker

i know of a bord bia inspector that was told by his superior to pass a dairy farm even though it was a kip as his creamery had been on the phone saying if he,s stopped from supplying they,ll never get their money out of him :ohmy:

I think that is a situation that is all too common .
I was looking at a Tom Pemberton video on youtube lately , and it stuck me that there was some scutter around the yard , his father was " tanking slurry " , and there was a contractor in pumping slurry. They have a farm shop.
Here , we have a closed period for slurry spreading , you would be arrested if an inspector walked in to find that amount of scutter around the yard .
I was told by a local dairy farmer 20 years ago that he had just returned from a tour of a number of farms in France , and he hadnt seen conditions like it in Ireland in years .

I think that is a situation that is all too common .
I was looking at a Tom Pemberton video on youtube lately , and it stuck me that there was some scutter around the yard , his father was " tanking slurry " , and there was a contractor in pumping slurry. They have a farm shop.
Here , we have a closed period for slurry spreading , you would be arrested if an inspector walked in to find that amount of scutter around the yard .
I was told by a local dairy farmer 20 years ago that he had just returned from a tour of a number of farms in France , and he hadnt seen conditions like it in Ireland in years .

I think that yard has gotten very messy over the past 12 months. Cattle and sheep going where they liked in amongst the silage pits and the father out in all weather's drawing out slurry.
We have the nitrates directive to comply with here and he has a YouTube channel and a farm shop and operates like that.

We have the nitrates directive to comply with here and he has a YouTube channel and a farm shop and operates like that.
We have nitrate vulnerable zones. Not all areas are affected although I would have thought he would be. @scoffcruddle would have more knowledge of that area.

The you ask manager in the local co op for a price on fert. He looks into his computer, then he looks left and right and then in a hushed voice says , "now I'm only giving you this price because your such a good customer..............

When the next Lad goes in he looks into his computer, then looms left and right and then in a hushed voice says "now I'm only giving you this price because your such a good customer........

Was in there today. He whispered to me from behind his mask , that hed had a tip off that fertiliser is going up 50 a ton , (think the Russian embassy rang him on the house phone) but dont tell anyone ssshhh. 😄😇😆

Was in there today. He whispered to me from behind his mask , that hed had a tip off that fertiliser is going up 50 a ton , (think the Russian embassy rang him on the house phone) but dont tell anyone ssshhh. 😄😇😆

Your "friend " may have whispered similar to me yesterday . I have ordered some . Not that I will spread it for at least a month .

14-5-11+13S in toplift big bag. Sold per artic load €271/t.
I don’t know if it’s a good price because we don’t buy P & K, but it’s rare to get offers texted out at this time of year.

Rumors are rife Atm about Borealis closing a plant down...nitrogen supposedly being traded now at €350/t.
Anyone hear anything about this?

It’s probably a line being spun to raise prices...

Back