hedgecutting

I was thinking that myself, but it was the only possible thing I could think of, unless they have a digger type system on board that’s guiding levels but it would be hard to see it working?
Thats all I could visualise as I posted above but a lazer cut hedge from A -B would look stupid if the ground deviated by a metre over distance, you would have a hedge that was a metre higher where the ground was lower iykwim, basically it wouldnt be following the contours of the field.

A magazine came today and there's a write up about a local contractor in it who does hedgecutting, reckons they use gps for it. Is that complete bollocks or what or is it even possible for that matter, if it is possible why would you?
Would it be that there just using GPS to record distance covered/travelled and charging per mile/km covered

Would it be that there just using GPS to record distance covered/travelled and charging per mile/km covered
I don't know tbh, i presumed it means autosteer. He'd be the only one charging that way round here if he was, don't know how that would work really.

Had a near one today, went by a pole and didn't realise they'd looped a cable round it and a piece of ivy, must have been knat's whisker away from cutting it!!! I would have been popular cutting a fibre cable through on christmas eve.
IMG_0141.JPG

A magazine came today and there's a write up about a local contractor in it who does hedgecutting, reckons they use gps for it. Is that complete bollocks or what or is it even possible for that matter, if it is possible why would you?
i did hear 1 contractor was using auto steer , he would just record the first time round then save it , then every time/ year after that he would just let it steer itself round leaving him to concentrate on the cutting

i did hear 1 contractor was using auto steer , he would just record the first time round then save it , then every time/ year after that he would just let it steer itself round leaving him to concentrate on the cutting
Unless i'm missing something it seems pointless, if you done three passes does that mean you run the exact same track three times, i'd be doing my best to avoid doing that!

Maybe the customer is providing GPS co-ordinates or maps for the hedges he wants cut and the contractor is uploading them to the unit in the tractor to avoid confusion over exactly who told who to cut what

There should be a breakaway button on the blister pad, two curved arrows in opposite directions iirc, a press for power slew, another press to reset breakaway.
just 1 big curved arrow , the 2 curved arrows is the slew

3rd button from the bottom right with the 2 arrows what happens when you press it if your in the transport position does it slee around to the work position

mine does but the arm is dropping as it comes around and stays dropping when fully around
The reason it drops is because its the oil in the lift ram that's getting forced into the slew ram when it's active and you catch something the oil is forced back into lift ram so it lifts as it skews back

The reason it drops is because its the oil in the lift ram that's getting forced into the slew ram when it's active and you catch something the oil is forced back into lift ram so it lifts as it skews back
but should it stay dropping when its just idle

All the break back does is open a valve between slew ram and lift ram. It's open all the time when its active

Back