Low roof loader tractor

Thanks,
I had seen it, it is the exact type of tractor I want and if it was January 2020 I would be over there in a flash to really give that tractor a good look over.
There are half a dozen signs that tractor was abused, parts broken, parts missing, parts seized and bad rust also no pics of the interior, if I went and looked it over they may all be easily fixed and only cosmetic, but no way I would buy that tractor sight unseen and I'm not travelling to the UK at the moment.
Again thanks for posting and a tidy one like that and I would buy sight unseen.
You'd be able to travel down to there from Stranraer without seeing anyone once you're off the boat if you wanted to

Always thought that they were a great tractor, getting a bit long in the tooth now, but if by some miracle I came across a low houred clean one I wouldn't say no.
If the flat roof MFs are hard found, then low hour Styers are impossible I would guess, but if you see a good one for sale let me know.
One of the Case Farmalls were based on the Styer I think? Case models confuse the hell out of me.
Same here, I can't make head nor tail of the model designations

@gone I was talking to a friend of mine today. He was in this yard a few weeks looking at a NH and he saw this Mf5455. He reckons that it's as low as out T5050. Also said that it is a very clean tractor.

Would something like it meet your needs? I have never seen a low profile MF5400 series before.

@gone I was talking to a friend of mine today. He was in this yard a few weeks looking at a NH and he saw this Mf5455. He reckons that it's as low as out T5050. Also said that it is a very clean tractor.

Would something like it meet your needs? I have never seen a low profile MF5400 series before.

Thanks @muckymanor
A fine tractor, but a bit older than I am looking and highish hrs, with slightly less hp than I need, still thinking about it, if it had the snoopy nose I probably would chance it, but think I will wait, the ideal tractor will popup and I am not in a rush.

And we all thought that @nashmach was hard satisfied 😌.
Only slagging G.
I would agree, I am gone too use to buying new.
I want these tyres on these rims, I want this number of manual spools and this number of electric, I don't want these 3 options, but want those 4.
I knew the right MF would be very hard to find, but think I will come across the right NH5070 or Case JXU115, really liking the sidelights and indicators in the cab roof on the Case, they would be very handy with the double bale lifter.

Thanks @Merv_B
It is the very tallest I could work with, if I got a really nice low hrs 4cyl.
If that 3cyl had the flt roof I would consider it.
Hope that makes sense.
So the options are:
- A high roof 5611-5613, 5710-5713 could tick the box but would need to be low hours.
- Alternatively a three-pot 5610 with the low profile roof?
- New Holland T5070 or a Case IH JX115U

So the options are:
- A high roof 5611-5613, 5710-5713 could tick the box but would need to be low hours.
Ideally I would like a lowered cab flat roof 5611-2-3 or 5711-2-3, but I can't find any, very very few out there
I would be happy with T3 5455, 5610, 5710, as above.
The NH T5070 / Case JXU115 are growing on me, but finding it hard to pay €40,000+V or more for one 8/9yr old with low hrs.
I may have to end up with a 5712/3 with lowered cab and hivis roof

A couple of hours with a 9" grinder , a kango and a consaw would make this thread redundant . :rolleyes:

Not what you want to hear @gone .

But , its not impossible to change arches over doors etc

I'd still choose this option .

Of course you probably just have a hankering for a handy pocket rocket .

Over 25 years ago dieselpowers uncle bought the new MF 362 .
I met his brother dps father somewhere with it , and in my innocence asked why not have bought either a 365 or 390 .

He needs a low tractor to go into a cubicle shed .

Wouldn't he he have bought an old 35 for a grand that would have done that, and not dirty the new tractor ?

Different people have different solutions to the same problem.
So the options are:

Quit the messing and go and find yourself a New Holland T6.140 with the low roof, a good few in Ireland, and a lot of them in west wales.

gives you a very tidy loder tractor, a capable field tractor (with boost) and most importantly something with a good secondhand value.

Quit the messing and go and find yourself a New Holland T6.140 with the low roof, a good few in Ireland, and a lot of them in west wales.

gives you a very tidy loder tractor, a capable field tractor (with boost) and most importantly something with a good secondhand value.
Low roof 6040 here and while its tidy it's not as low as what @gone is looking for but yes there are plenty of low roof T6's out there.

Low roof 6040 here and while its tidy it's not as low as what @gone is looking for but yes there are plenty of low roof T6's out there.
I’d hazard a guess you are on decent tyres.

you can save a couple of inches by going from a 520 to a 540 on the same rim, have done it in the past, can also wind the can suspension down a bit

i’ll dig out the archives and do a little maths

Last edited:
I’d hazard a guess you are on decent tyres.

you can save a couple of inches by going from a 520 to a 540 on the same rim, have done it in the past, can also wind the can suspension down a bit

i’ll dig out the archives and do a little maths
I'm on 10 percent 600's, still standing as high as my 7740 on 480's

8C3C7A94-665A-4B29-BC0B-FDE12B220B73.jpeg

so height to top of LP cab from the centre of the axle is 1980mm

Leaving approximately 600mm of space, so in theory if you had a tyre of an overall diameter of 1200mm you’d get in.

issue is, i know a 540/65 R34 is somewhere between 1525 and 1575mm (depending on brand) which would still be far too big,

you’d end up having to go down to such small tyres that it probably wouldn’t work at 2.6m if you could stretch to 2.7m (ish) i think it could be done with a T6.

:lol:
If I go NH it will be a T5070, a great little tractor, I would love to see one on 18.4r34s to see how they fit under the mudgaurds, it has to be tight
I don't need a tractor that big or capable, I have 2 big tractors

Back