Any advice on combines ??

The machinery sector is completely out of whack as far as I can see. The insane price of new machinery is making clean reliable second hand stuff almost unattainable aswell.
I'm sure there are big operators who would once upon a time have considered a new combine now willing to pay serious money for a reliable second hand unit and just keep them reasonably up in the years. The difficulty there is who is going to buy new mid size machines in future as those willing to go new are likely to be limited to only high hp high output machines
Things are nuts, a couple of years ago a budget like I have of 40k plus vat or so would get you into a nice combine, now 40k won't go far and there isn't much of a selection because those type of machines aren't being traded like they were.
I spose you already talked to nick dunican. He had a plus model on done deal a week or 2 ago
Ya had a chat with him alright, he has a nice 65.

ManufacturerNew Holland
ModelCS 6050
TypeCombine Harvesters
Year2008
Hours1343D/1434E
Horsepower237

ManufacturerNew Holland
ModelCS 6050
TypeCombine Harvesters
Year2008
Hours1343D/1434E
Horsepower237

Nice compact combine but was it ever in or see a drop of waste oil for the shiny bits :(

Here’s a nice modern take on an older classic

A 4065/4075 in newer clothes, a lovely combine. I think that was featured in an Auction Report in Classic Tractor recently.

This machine landed in the neighbourhood before Christmas.
Looking forward to seeing her in action.
Gerringhoff header with extendable table and side knife.
Big rubber underneath.

View attachment 87376

A few slightly smaller ones around here, bloody wide before you allow for the huge rubber that is on that one! Fine header!

A 4065/4075 in newer clothes, a lovely combine. I think that was featured in an Auction Report in Classic Tractor recently.

A few slightly smaller ones around here, bloody wide before you allow for the huge rubber that is on that one! Fine header!
I’m hoping to get a pic or two of it working beside it’s stable mate - a Topliner 4080 with 20ft head.

I think that 6040 is only equivalent to a 3580, it doesn't appear to have the second drum like a 4065. So maybe similar to a 4045. I was also surprised to see photos of an air cooled engine. I thought they were all liquid cooled in recent years, perhaps the photos are mixed up?

I think that 6040 is only equivalent to a 3580, it doesn't appear to have the second drum like a 4065. So maybe similar to a 4045. I was also surprised to see photos of an air cooled engine. I thought they were all liquid cooled in recent years, perhaps the photos are mixed up?

You could well be right! I thought the walkers looked a bit longer than a 3580 especially going on the unloading auger. If that is the case though an 18ft head is a bit of an animal on it!

You could well be right! I thought the walkers looked a bit longer than a 3580 especially going on the unloading auger. If that is the case though an 18ft head is a bit of an animal on it!
Looking at it from the back ladder to the end of the straw walker hood, I'd say it's shorter than the 4065 here, it seems not to have adjustment controls for the second drum anyway. Yes the 18' head would be big.
Any thoughts on the air cooled engine in the photos?

Looking at it from the back ladder to the end of the straw walker hood, I'd say it's shorter than the 4065 here, it seems not to have adjustment controls for the second drum anyway. Yes the 18' head would be big.

It doesn't look that different to the 3580 so a bit puzzled how it could still be sold given emissions regulations.

No second drum as It's not HTS I think.

New version seems to boost 230hp but with a common rail engine, bit of a leap from the 3580.

No second drum as It's not HTS I think.

New version seems to boost 230hp but with a common rail engine, bit of a leap from the 3580.

I think those photos of the air cooled engin emay be belonging to a different combine.

Back