Fecking birds

Bullbeef

Hi
Have always had a problem with crows n birds in cattle shed. But this winter it has really took out. There is bird shit everywhere so it must b alive with them when I'm not there. I only b there usually once a day to feed. What is best method of deterring them? There is a lot of meal in the tmr in troughs so it's like an all u can eat buffet for them

I think the cold weather has them in the sheds. They were in my milking parlour last week. Not as much yesterday or today

Wouldnt mind the wee birds but the hoors of jackdaws and am even seeing grey crows in the feedpassage.
Most mornings when you go in you can't smell cows or cowshit, just got damn crows

Hi
Have always had a problem with crows n birds in cattle shed. But this winter it has really took out. There is bird shit everywhere so it must b alive with them when I'm not there. I only b there usually once a day to feed. What is best method of deterring them? There is a lot of meal in the tmr in troughs so it's like an all u can eat buffet for them
Can you feed after dark? If its TMR obviously they'll still get a pick the following day but if the bulk is gone it's a great help

We have a crow banger going, not fully effective but it’s a help, we feed twice a day now to help stop them pulling feed all over the place. 10 am and 6pm. It’s crows are the problem here.the cows take no notice of the banger

You'll find it's early in the morning when things are quiet that the feckers are in. You'd get a fair land to with the numbers of them that would be around. I've shot a good few crows this winter as the numbers were getting out of hand altogether and it was the shits all over gate bars and in feed areas annoyed me. What feed they take is neither here nor there, it's the big shits they so kindly leave everywhere drives me mad.

Well folks while birds wreck my head in the sheds its busted with feckers of swans.
Again this evening the clotty hoors hit the wires and put out the power.that 5 times since mid oct.
Esb lads put up reflectors on the wires.i could have 60 to 70 of the " lovely cute birds " most days as the ground below the yard is fairly flat and easy for them to land but taking of they have to fly away and turn back up the bottoms to clear the wires and a hill heading back to the lake.
Pain in the hole having to put generator going.
The amount of grass they ate and messing the ground.anyone else have similar problem

You'll find it's early in the morning when things are quiet that the feckers are in. You'd get a fair land to with the numbers of them that would be around. I've shot a good few crows this winter as the numbers were getting out of hand altogether and it was the shits all over gate bars and in feed areas annoyed me. What feed they take is neither here nor there, it's the big shits they so kindly leave everywhere drives me mad.

I'd be more worried about the droppings that you dont see and that are being ingested by the cattle and could lead to coccidious.

Hi

Putting a radio on was suggested as well as some other suggestions mentioned.

News or talk station not music worked best.

Anyone with one of these. Have a buzzard around here and when he’s around, peace and quiet.

Get Rid of Crows
Had something similar years ago but it got blocked with birdshit. Also it would always go off when u would on the phone r trying to talk to someone In the yard

Reactions: AYF
Back