Todays Photo

Is that really today?

Everywhere around here is yellowish grey after last week’s frost.

I went on a road trip today,50miles north to pick up a stainless tank,the Fendt did 6.23 miles to the gallon,not bad compared to the 720 that would do 4.1mpg with a similar weight.

View attachment 87588
That's very good for that size of a tractor. I clocked 6.4 mpg in the blizzard with a 2000g tanker, (95 hp)

View attachment 87593
I spent a month in Cuba backpacking some years ago. Great country, great people brought home a box of Monte Cristo, box of Romeo y Julieta and 8 of these Cohiba. Cost me 20 quid on the side street for the 2 boxes and 20 for the cohiba, the cohiba were really great.
Did a few weeks bumming around Cuba in the early 2,000's.
I think it was Ernest Hemmingway that said,
"There are 3 great things about Cuba, the people, the scenery and the climate.
There are 3 terrible things about Cuba
Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Last edited:
When I got the combine last feb the fecking manual feel down that gap between controls Panel and window, I fished it out with a bit of small threaded bar and when I got it out with it came a small wooden box with 2 very mouldy cigars left inside. I thought this is what the tillage farmer life must be like 🤣🤣

Did a few weeks bumping around Cuba in the early 2,000's.
I think it was Ernest Hemmingway that said,
"There are 3 great things about Cuba, the people, the scenery and the climate.
There are 3 terrible things about Cuba
Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Moros y cristianos, rice and beans!!!
Eggs....
Was 2006 when I was there. Dinner in people's homes, lobster was plentiful for small money. Restaurant tourists menu $10/15, speak a little Spanish $1.50 including beer at the local rate.

Moros y cristianos, rice and beans!!!
Eggs....
Was 2006 when I was there. Dinner in people's homes, lobster was plentiful for small money. Restaurant tourists menu $10/15, speak a little Spanish $1.50 including beer at the local rate.
If I never eat black beans again it will be too soon.

A lad i worked with in d states lived and worked with 2 Brazilians for a year on a farm. Every sunday they cooked a big pot of rice and beans and lived off it for d week just heated it back up every day
Jesus I can only imagine what that smelled like after a few reheats. Or perhaps the individual's eating it. Methane production would be maximized 😁

Atleast they spelt it right! Was given a t shirt in the last year that is supposed to read “easily distracted by tractors” but it wasn’t spell checked so says “easily distraced” instead 🤣🤣
I think that does be part of the joke.😀

Back