The older masseys

Is d cooling affected with d snoopy bonnet?

A lad I'd be sort of friendly with has an MF 4355 snoopy . He says it a lovely yoke for the loader , but not a tractor to put under big pressure, and cleanliness is next to Godliness, in regards to keeping the radiator clean . Depends on what you need the tractor for .

A lad I'd be sort of friendly with has an MF 4355 snoopy . He says it a lovely yoke for the loader , but not a tractor to put under big pressure, and cleanliness is next to Godliness, in regards to keeping the radiator clean . Depends on what you need the tractor for .
Thats what i was wondering they seem like theyd have a small cooling pack

That range in general wouldn't have the best of a reputation either to be fair whatever about the bonnet shape.
The last of them were sorted and would be very good value, none would have pre select though. Every 6190 was made when they had sorted the manufacturing issues. They made the 62xx immediately after and they were arguably Massey's best range

I have a snoopy Massey and it never gets killed with work but the rad is tiny on it and wouldn't inspire confidence if it was doing cultivation work or the likes

It is one of the last Ferguson 35's, it was originally a gold belly, but was resprayed before my Grandfather bought it in 1957.
Have you any more pictures, it looks very like the loader that neighbours had on a 35x, I don't think I ever saw another one.

Have you any more pictures, it looks very like the loader that neighbours had on a 35x, I don't think I ever saw another one.
I posted some on here, I will try find them, I have taken off the loader, I think it is a MF40 loader.

When the loader was fitted you had to climb on over the back of the tractor, and when it was removed the rams stayed on the tractor.
No, can still get on to the tractor in the usual way, I think that was an earlier loader, the rams do stay on the tractor when the loader is removed.

I'd be fairly sure the one I'm talking about was mounted further back. I raked hay with it in my youth but it was moved on the best part of 20 years ago I'd say.
The earlier ones were, those MF40 loaders were from 100 series time period.

The earlier ones were, those MF40 loaders were from 100 series time period.
That would make sense, to the best of my knowledge it was on the 35x from new. The tractor didn't go more than 500 yards from it's first home to it's 2nd on 2 neighbouring farms at home, but is now sadly lost to the mists of time.

Anorak on :rolleyes: It would be an earlier 35 loader, the cradle under the clutch housing is straight whereas the 40 was swept upwards.

Anorak on :rolleyes: It would be an earlier 35 loader, the cradle under the clutch housing is straight whereas the 40 was swept upwards.
It is a 40 loader.
But you are correct about the cradle, you can see some botching to make the 40 fit on the older cradle.

Didn't the 40 have quick release hook ends for attachments like the 80 but the 35 had closed ends?
I hadn't spotted that, he was always swapping loaders between the tractors, I had thought I took off a 40 of that tractor, but will have to check again, he may have move the loader in the pic on to the 135.

When the loader was fitted you had to climb on over the back of the tractor, and when it was removed the rams stayed on the tractor.

The loader you are talking about was bolted up to the bell housing , and back to the back axle at each side . Looking in from the side the framework looked like a flat A . The hinge point for the loader Arms would have been 6 " lower than an MF 40 loader , and possibly 8 or 9 inches forward of the front of the back tyres. Hence you had to climb over the bracket part to get on the tractor.
They were grey , so were Ferguson , and before MF .
I have no idea of model number . 732 ? What machine was that ? Finger bar mower ?

I'd be fairly sure the one I'm talking about was mounted further back. I raked hay with it in my youth but it was moved on the best part of 20 years ago I'd say.
the earlier loader had tubular stays going back to the stabiliser brackets, if you look at a genuine mf stabiliser bracket there is a cone shaped spud pointing forward and thats where the stays fitted against

Back