Ford/New Holland

Not on ours it wasn't

I'd suspect your one was the earlier version with the white triangular B column rather than similar to the 7600 above which is on our 3600 as well.

You'd need spanners to take the doors off anyway but the opening front windscreen helped.

I'd suspect your one was the earlier version with the white triangular B column rather than similar to the 7600 above which is on our 3600 as well.

You'd need spanners to take the doors off anyway but the opening front windscreen helped.

60 years jubilee sticker on it so. That is about right then. 3600 here was assembled in 79.
That brings back memories.. i remember as a apprentice at the Ford dealership I worked for sticking those jubilee stickers on new tractors. Also used to apply a "FORD" decal to the front of bubble cab fibreglass roof panels. Always remember this decal being curved so it appeared straight on the convexed roof... Showing my age now !

Lads my neighbour has a 7740, says the lift is juddering on the way up. Says he's changed the filters and still happening.

What should he be checking?

It's an SLE, so I assume that means electronic lift? are there sensor connections or the like that should get a shot of contact cleaner?

there's a loader on it too, I must see how that's working, would it be fair to say that if the loader is fine and the lift is juddery it's unlikely to be a pump issue?

It's an SLE, so I assume that means electronic lift?
not necessarily. some 40 series sle came with manual lift and that was dubbed "special" spec. usually they wont have the dials up on the right for draft controls and the lift buttons will be missing on the rear lights. would you know what he has?

Lads my neighbour has a 7740, says the lift is juddering on the way up. Says he's changed the filters and still happening.

It's an SLE, so I assume that means electronic lift? are there sensor connections or the like that should get a shot of contact cleaner?

there's a loader on it too, I must see how that's working, would it be fair to say that if the loader is fine and the lift is juddery it's unlikely to be a pump issue?
Has he checked the oil level ?

He's fairly handy so I'd assume he has checked the oil given he's done the filters, but I'll double check. where is the level check? dipstick somewhere around the top link?

@c4l I havent gone to look at it yet so don't know that.

He's fairly handy so I'd assume he has checked the oil given he's done the filters, but I'll double check. where is the level check? dipstick somewhere around the top link?

@c4l I havent gone to look at it yet so don't know that.
Dipstick over LH axle kinda under rocker arm.

Any chance when he changed the filters that he changed the oil at the same time and used a universal oil or one of too thick a viscosity?

Back