Ford/New Holland

I've recently bought myself a ford tw15 as a lockdown project. I am looking for a complete crash gearbox with dualpower. Any help appreciated. I am wondering if the tw gearbox could be adapted with different gears to achieve 40k? I have heard of 7610 gearboxes into 8210s .

I've recently bought myself a ford tw15 as a lockdown project. I am looking for a complete crash gearbox with dualpower. Any help appreciated. I am wondering if the tw gearbox could be adapted with different gears to achieve 40k? I have heard of 7610 gearboxes into 8210s .
I have a semi complete box, bought a complete box as I needed the forward reverse selector fork, not sure if there's any other parts missing, must check.

8210 can be changed alright. But tw is different so can’t be altered. What’s up with your own box?
I have a semi complete box, bought a complete box as I needed the forward reverse selector fork, not sure if there's any other parts missing, must check.

selectors can’t be got new anymore . If you have any dual power machines well worth whole having.

out of curiosity, should there be a gasket for the oil cooler on the left hand side of the engine on the tm. went looking on the cnh part catalogue and they dont show that there is one on it. atm we have oil seeping between the cooler and the engine

out of curiosity, should there be a gasket for the oil cooler on the left hand side of the engine on the tm. went looking on the cnh part catalogue and they dont show that there is one on it. atm we have oil seeping between the cooler and the engine
Yes there is I think. If your stuck you could make one out of a cereal box or buy some gasket maker.

img-4802.jpg

Know a lad who has one from new the very same as that with the power command. Meant to be the best tractor hes ever got along with the 8340 and tm 130.View attachment 89604
Local contractor has 3 155. All range command. All approaching the 14k hour mark. The wear and tear are getting to them but he doesn't see the point in upgrading yet. Driven one of them last year on the power harrow. Still driving as sweet as a nut. Couldn't fault them

Local contractor has 3 155. All range command. All approaching the 14k hour mark. The wear and tear are getting to them but he doesn't see the point in upgrading yet. Driven one of them last year on the power harrow. Still driving as sweet as a nut. Couldn't fault them
Same with that lad. Still uses then digging spuds and on the harrow. And when they're not at that they're spraying. Great tractors. Bought 2 tm190s new at the same time as them and absolutely hated them, they spent more time in the shed broke down than out in the field.

Reactions: c4l
43 incl vat they looking for it. Loader put on it past 5 years ago. One owner from new. Apparently had an easy life and hasn't seen a dairy farmer anywhere near it
Fairly big tillage guy near me had it, wouldn't have done heavy work in a long time, semi retired with a good while I'd say.

Reactions: c4l
Fairly big tillage guy near me had it, wouldn't have done heavy work in a long time, semi retired with a good while I'd say.
Big enough price relative to paying a bit more and buying g a fresher lower houred tractor.
in practical terms
Has the old swing back hitch
No air
No 50k
The head would need doing on a preventative basis if not already done
And has 10,000 hours if being bought as a frontline tractor.
the above things are not a reason not to buy it but at €43k you are a lot of the way to something like a T7.200, loader aside.

Big enough price relative to paying a bit more and buying g a fresher lower houred tractor.
in practical terms
No air
No 50k
the above things are not a reason not to buy it but at €43k you are a lot of the way to something like a T7.200, loader aside.
Tbf when buying a 155, 50k doesn't come into the picture as they never came with it, air is rare and it's 05 model so a sauermann push out would've been out of the question unless you find one with it fitted after but I agree. Could find a good t6080 or t70 series in that price range and for what they are looking for it, makes timmins seem cheap

in practical terms
No air
No 50k
A bit ot but am i right in saying that valves dropping are more prone to tm than they are 40 series??
have 8240 10k hrs doing 2260 rpm flat out should i be concerned?

Back