What are you up to in the workshop?

Don't swell the end of the pin
Wasn't actually hammering the pin
All I want is for it to adjust as it should (ish) so what I was doing was jacking the frame up on the trolley jack and hammering the frame back down and so on. Just to slacken it off.

Getting a grease nipple on there isn't such a bad idea tbh.

Wasn't actually hammering the pin
All I want is for it to adjust as it should (ish) so what I was doing was jacking the frame up on the trolley jack and hammering the frame back down and so on. Just to slacken it off.

Getting a grease nipple on there isn't such a bad idea tbh.
If you are making progress that way, as in the pin is rotating, you should have a good chance of getting the pin out and clean it up. Unless it's deformed.

Reactions: AYF
Has anyone ever fitted a small 12v air compressor to tractor with small air tank to be able blow down stuff ? Is there a way of putting a pressure switch inline so that when tank reaches a certain pressure it would cut off ?

Has anyone ever fitted a small 12v air compressor to tractor with small air tank to be able blow down stuff ? Is there a way of putting a pressure switch inline so that when tank reaches a certain pressure it would cut off ?
A friend of mine is after buying one for that sort of job. I’ll try and get a link off him

I often debated fitting a lorry compressor to the engine to either run directly via a coupling off the crankshaft pulley or off the fan belt.

A few years back we couldn’t get a pin out of the Volvo boom (80mm diameter) because we had the boom removed my brother suggested lighting his forge under the pin,I was thinking no way it would work but we had nothing to lose,we slid his forge (made from a lorry brake drum) under and threw half a bag of coal on it and and hour later we had the pin out.
At that exact same job today! Tell me more about the forge. I actually given up taking out the pin and trying to get the other end out now. Any tips on that appreciated

Attachments

• 44B7FA93-6144-484B-ABDC-22FA0BA5778C.jpeg
    44B7FA93-6144-484B-ABDC-22FA0BA5778C.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 55
I often debated fitting a lorry compressor to the engine to either run directly via a coupling off the crankshaft pulley or off the fan belt.
If you have a Perkins engine it is not a big job to fit a compressor. Get a compressor that is water cooled . There was a compressor on the Bray 1000 . It came off the shaft under the injector pump.

At that exact same job today! Tell me more about the forge. I actually given up taking out the pin and trying to get the other end out now. Any tips on that appreciated
If you could get a bottle jack in and push the pin out,a bottle jack works on its side if you keep the reservoir on the low side.
The forge is just a brake drum with a fan blowing in via a tube and plate angled under the coal,brothers uses a blower fan off an old Land Rover.

If you have a Perkins engine it is not a big job to fit a compressor. Get a compressor that is water cooled . There was a compressor on the Bray 1000 . It came off the shaft under the injector pump.
Wasn’t there a compressor fitted in-line with the injector pump on Leyland lorries with the 4/98 or 6/98 engine? The 4/98 may be a bit short to fit a compressor inline.

Wasn’t there a compressor fitted in-line with the injector pump on Leyland lorries with the 4/98 or 6/98 engine? The 4/98 may be a bit short to fit a compressor inline.

yep, an old leyland with a lorry engine had compressor here

As said before. The hot spanner is your only friend.... I don't know how many times iv used the gas but as said get it glowing and a good shot with the sledge will see you right. Might be no harm trying to add a grease nippel to it once free, weld a nut on and tap the nipple to it ? View attachment 89518
Is there a worse fate known to man. Changing the pads on an old digger. From trying to split a link or cutting bolts to get the old pads off. Don't know which is worse, trying to get them all off or putting them a back on.🙈

If you could get a bottle jack in and push the pin out,a bottle jack works on its side if you keep the reservoir on the low side.
The forge is just a brake drum with a fan blowing in via a tube and plate angled under the coal,brothers uses a blower fan off an old Land Rover.
Had bottle jack on it was pressing the frame apart hammered opposite side of pin to shock it.
Did you take out the whole ram? Did you have much trouble with the cyclinder end?

After waiting almost 4 weeks next Monday to get injectors and diesel pump done on Perkins ak 1004.4t in the manitou.excuse from them was they were waiting on nozzles.
But now to really twist the knife deeper it appears now the engine has to be overhauled now.
Any ideas what sort of money that may be.

After waiting almost 4 weeks next Monday to get injectors and diesel pump done on Perkins ak 1004.4t in the manitou.excuse from them was they were waiting on nozzles.
But now to really twist the knife deeper it appears now the engine has to be overhauled now.
Any ideas what sort of money that may be.
Gormleys the main JCB dealer told me years ago that they could get a new 1000 series engine from France complete with all the ancillaries fitted for €3k, much cheaper than rebuilding everything seemingly.
Depending on what’s wrong with your own engine, they are a super engine if well serviced. Rings, shells and a valve recut might get you going again.

Gormleys the main JCB dealer told me years ago that they could get a new 1000 series engine from France complete with all the ancillaries fitted for €3k, much cheaper than rebuilding everything seemingly.
Depending on what’s wrong with your own engine, they are a super engine if well serviced. Rings, shells and a valve recut might get you going again.
Mechanic taking it out tomorrow.the hitachi going to be on filling the diet feeder and loading fertiliser duties for another while

I have one on the cvx to work the reversible fan, it switches off itself once its reached the set pressure.

No power blue ish smoke and letting diesel into oil.
He put in reckon injectors and pump this evening.changed oil but it's still mixing and he said it was hard started
Oh on the subject some one might be able to answer this. Know a lad 1135 thats diesel is mixing with the oil, your man says it would let a gallon of diesel into the sump after 500 meters of driving. Has had the injector pump reconditioned 3 times along with the injectors, has a new lift pump on and no difference. Any ideas what could be causing it.

Oh on the subject some one might be able to answer this. Know a lad 1135 thats diesel is mixing with the oil, your man says it would let a gallon of diesel into the sump after 500 meters of driving. Has had the injector pump reconditioned 3 times along with the injectors, has a new lift pump on and no difference. Any ideas what could be causing it.
I’d be checking for surplus copper washers under the injectors, thermostart may be leaking, the fact that the pump has been recon’d three times says that it wasn’t done properly twice.

No power blue ish smoke and letting diesel into oil.
He put in reckon injectors and pump this evening.changed oil but it's still mixing and he said it was hard started
A worn engine shouldn’t be the cause of oil and diesel mixing, sounds like the injector washers are either missing or extra ones are stuck down the hole causing poor spray pattern and diesel washing down the bores causing hard starting.

Back