Bord Bia inspection

So I have a letter to say my SBLAS cert expires mid May and am due for reinspection/audit, OK thats all fine, reading down the letter I get to a bit about sustainability which states I have to complete a survey online using my herd number and a PIN to log in, this survey should be done in advance of the audit and must be completed to be considered for certification, pissy day outside so I might as well do the survey, at the top it states that dates to be used are to be from the last calendar year unless otherwise stated so that would be 2020, nowhere does it state otherwise but when I insert dates from 2020 for slurry spreading it says "Are you sure, these dates may be wrong", anyway I proceed having checked to see firstly had it referred to any year other than 2020 and it hadn't. Filled the whole thing out down to the end and when I tried to submit it it ruled me out saying "There is no SBLAS audit conducted for your herd number" and the damn thing wont go any further, I mean why the fcuk send me a letter telling me to complete an audit online that cannot be submitted.
Something similar happened me when doing mine a few weeks back but in one of the other sections not slurry one.
Basically i figured that when you changed some of the answers to the other questions on that tab it would then allow you to submit it as being complete.
Information was wrong but it was 11.30pm and I was long beyond caring at that stage.
Phone interview next day and wasn't a word about it.
Pointless questionnaire btw

Water failed test here seems some mix up with returning results. Audit next week won't have the cert.

What's my options can I get some water treatment unit fitted on the supply line.

So I have a letter to say my SBLAS cert expires mid May and am due for reinspection/audit, OK thats all fine, reading down the letter I get to a bit about sustainability which states I have to complete a survey online using my herd number and a PIN to log in, this survey should be done in advance of the audit and must be completed to be considered for certification, pissy day outside so I might as well do the survey, at the top it states that dates to be used are to be from the last calendar year unless otherwise stated so that would be 2020, nowhere does it state otherwise but when I insert dates from 2020 for slurry spreading it says "Are you sure, these dates may be wrong", anyway I proceed having checked to see firstly had it referred to any year other than 2020 and it hadn't. Filled the whole thing out down to the end and when I tried to submit it it ruled me out saying "There is no SBLAS audit conducted for your herd number" and the damn thing wont go any further, I mean why the fcuk send me a letter telling me to complete an audit online that cannot be submitted.
Had that aswell, we’re in “zone A” and spread in around 20th jan, it kept refusing the dates until I changed it to sometime early February. 😒😒 such a load of hoop

Water failed test here seems some mix up with returning results. Audit next week won't have the cert.

What's my options can I get some water treatment unit fitted on the supply line.
Take it its a bacterial problem.id say you can. Watercare was a company near us but was taken over by a company in galway.google watercare , may show you some info
We have to install a unit to lower iron levels in the water.its seemingly not fit for livestock consumption its that high and is causing problem but then so is haemochromotosis in people due to extremely hi level of iron in local water supply

Neighbour works high up in a paint company. He asked me yesterday to trial their tail paint. Will let ye know how it goes

your local water pump supplier should be able to sort you out. If it was bacteria then a simple sterilize of the well might be all you need do.

tell them you haven,t got the water tested yet but you,ll forward it on to them, put some paracetic acid down the well and retest or use chlorine if you,re not milking

If you are dishonest you can take a sample of someone else water that has already passed a test and send that off in your own name.🙏

If you are dishonest you can take a sample of someone else water that has already passed a test and send that off in your own name.🙏
creamery took a water sample at my neighbours before his audit and came back to him saying it had failed the test and he had to sort it out, he was on the mains water and when he told them that they said it was ok then

creamery took a water sample at my neighbours before his audit and came back to him saying it had failed the test and he had to sort it out, he was on the mains water and when he told them that they said it was ok then
The Glanbia quality man took the water sample here . So no fiddling .

Passed thank God . But it is 460 feet deep.

I think the results from my glanbia test were online a day or 2 after it was taken. You could just say you are waiting on the results and move on the the next question

Due an inspection here. The lad rang me at 7 last Saturday evening, didn’t see the phone so missed call and a txt message saying call him. I text him back and said ring on Monday. Well he rang at 10 Monday night. I was in bed. I said fuck this now he can ring me at a normal time of the day. Rang again last night at ten. I wouldn’t ring a family member at ten at night. I rang him back this morning when I was bringing back the cows at 6.45 no answer! Fuck sake can he not ring during the day? I’m not ringing him now! Maybe I’m overreacting but why can’t he ring me at a decent time

If your water fails creamery test as far as i know you are allowed sort the problem yourself and if you want you can take sample and send it off yourself to a lab and that result will do your creamery and Bord bia.

No your not over reacting @ neat as whelan1 says lift the phone to bord bia
Just shows what respect the likes of him has for farmers keeping him in a job
and I'd tell bord bia your not taking him either. Feck them

Well I rang the help desk number there lads. Bit of a disaster😂😂😂 the woman basically told me to ring him back, I said o did this morning. She said ring again that they are very busy during the day with audit work. I said it was unprofessional to be ringing at ten at night. In fairness I am in bed at ten! So she got pissed off when I asked for a new auditor then I got pissed off and said I’ll ring head office and asked her name and where she was based. She told me she didn’t have to give her name or where the help desk is based and told me to feck off and ring head office!

Well I rang the help desk number there lads. Bit of a disaster😂😂😂 the woman basically told me to ring him back, I said o did this morning. She said ring again that they are very busy during the day with audit work. I said it was unprofessional to be ringing at ten at night. In fairness I am in bed at ten! So she got pissed off when I asked for a new auditor then I got pissed off and said I’ll ring head office and asked her name and where she was based. She told me she didn’t have to give her name or where the help desk is based and told me to feck off and ring head office!
I had the complete opposite experience, have my audit this week, inspector rand me 10 days in advance at 9am, told me what I needed to provide in advance etc. Then got about 10 texts from Bord Bia reminding me about the audit and what I needed to have submitted in advance of it. Then yesterday lady from Bord Bia rang me to ask if I needed any additional help submitting any of the info etc. To be honest, I don't think they could have done much more to help me. I suppose it all depends on who you get at the other end of the phone, some will be very helpful and some won't.

Ring head office and look to be put through to the auditing section boss.
Them fucks are all In cusy numbers and when dairy or beef/ lamb is scare it makes no difference to price wheither your qa'd.just another layer living of us

That's a very helpful helpdesk

She told me she didn’t have to give her name or where the help desk is based and told me to feck off and ring head office!
Is this a public or private organisation? If it's public She is obliged to give Her name (including surname) if asked.

I rang the head office anyway got talking to the manager. He agreed and said it was unprofessional to be ringing lads at that time. He was very helpful in fairness, then I told him about the help desk, he was pissed off about that and said he would get both issues sorted straight away! It would be gas if your man rang me again at 10 tonight 😂😂😂

I rang the head office anyway got talking to the manager. He agreed and said it was unprofessional to be ringing lads at that time. He was very helpful in fairness, then I told him about the help desk, he was pissed off about that and said he would get both issues sorted straight away! It would be gas if your man rang me again at 10 tonight 😂😂😂
Was an auditor removed of his duties on this neck of the woods a few yr ago

Back