Restoration/ Refurbs

Going to do the liners and rings on the 135 and maybe skim the head. On the fence of what I'm going to do liner wise. Have one fella telling me to get them pressed in and that the slip fit/freeze and lump of timber ones are no good and another telling me the slip fit ones are the only job. Anyone have any experience with these newer liners or have an opinion on which would be better
I have no idea.........TBH I thought there was only one type of liner

I have no idea.........TBH I thought there was only one type of liner
So did i. I always thought they had to be pressed in but then after asking a few lads who would have done up a few tractors they say the new ones should tap in handy enough with a block of timber and to leave them in the freezer over night to make it easier. Not sure which is better. The slip ones seem to be alright, the fella we rent a bit of land out to used them in his 165 and it's non stop working and still going strong last I seen it the other week. Just wondering would anyone have experience with the 2 types or if they even sell the hydralic pressed ones anymore.

Need help with this 590 too. Ordering a head gasket for it but there are 2 types with one for models that came with a flame ring on the liners and ones without. Is there anyway I can identify if the engine has a flame ring with the serial number

Need help with this 590 too. Ordering a head gasket for it but there are 2 types with one for models that came with a flame ring on the liners and ones without. Is there anyway I can identify if the engine has a flame ring with the serial number
It’d be the engine type that would denote fire ring or not, this should be at the start or end of the full serial number.

Heard today word has gotten as far as the butcher in Virginia about me refurbs and restorations? Didn't think word would spread that far that quick.

Heard today word has gotten as far as the butcher in Virginia about me refurbs and restorations? Didn't think word would spread that far that quick.
Do you know a fella from up that country who does hedgecutting for the council in Dublin?

Do you know a fella from up that country who does hedgecutting for the council in Dublin?
Know eoghan shankey does a bit for different lads. See this lad up and down the road with 2 new Holland's and a case, don't know who he does it for. Know a lot of lads at hedge cutting. Wouldn't know if they do it for dublin county council. Could it be doughtys.

Know eoghan shankey does a bit for different lads. See this lad up and down the road with 2 new Holland's and a case, don't know who he does it for. Know a lot of lads at hedge cutting. Wouldn't know if they do it for dublin county council. Could it be doughtys.
No you don't know him so, not to worry

Back window arrived today for the 240. After discussing with the owner of the 590 the cost of putting a new head gasket in and getting the head skimmed and pressure tested he concluded it would be better to scrap it. Enquired with john on scrappage and he eagerly gave me a price of 3000 which I think is nearly too good too be true, wanted to collect it today and all. Any thoughts. Should a pull the arm off him and take it or look for more
20210403_211525.jpg

Back window arrived today for the 240. After discussing with the owner of the 590 the cost of putting a new head gasket in and getting the head skimmed and pressure tested he concluded it would be better to scrap it. Enquired with john on scrappage and he eagerly gave me a price of 3000 which I think is nearly too good too be true, wanted to collect it today and all. Any thoughts. Should a pull the arm off him and take it or look for more
View attachment 89858

I had a 203 engine 165 for nearly 10 years . It was reg NZN 665 .

Seems a shame to scrap it for the sake of a head gasket. Would he consider selling it.

Back