Out of hours hydraulic hose repair in cork

an out of hours service has to be paid for, one place we went to one night for a part to repair a machine for a man was £100 cash to get the door open and they were the only place sold the stuff and our customer was a regular, part ws over £1000

E150 min on bank holiday id say , Theres expensive and then theres pirtek expensive . But if needs must there service is there
First thing I don't work for pirtek but use their services from time to time for machines working onsite.They are expensive but represent good value for a 24 hr service. They call out ,repair and replace the hose on the machine. Meaning I don't have to dismantle, travel offsite/to site and replace the unit. Plus it limits the time I've an operator in the cab with the legs up and the machine idle.

Always have a spare for a shear grab they have a habit of going on public holidays. Found this out the hard way one Christmas morning.

Oh I ain’t knocking there service just there pricing . There pricing is aimed at the commercial sector/ construction. There rates are just too high for Agri sector to be using unless in an emergency.
First thing I don't work for pirtek but use their services from time to time for machines working onsite.They are expensive but represent good value for a 24 hr service. They call out ,repair and replace the hose on the machine. Meaning I don't have to dismantle, travel offsite/to site and replace the unit. Plus it limits the time I've an operator in the cab with the legs up and the machine idle.

Always have a spare for a shear grab they have a habit of going on public holidays. Found this out the hard way one Christmas morning.

Usually have a few spare hoses on the digger that'll cover most connections, rarely anything else blows. Got a pair of new hoses made lately and one of my old fittings got reused as they had only one new fitting un stock. The hose with old fitting reused blew off after loading one dump trailer...😡

Oh I ain’t knocking there service just there pricing . There pricing is aimed at the commercial sector/ construction. There rates are just too high for Agri sector to be using unless in an emergency.
I'm the same we focus on preventative maintenance,a burst hose on site is now seen as a maintenance miss on our side.

The agriculture sector is well looked after from a hydraulic hose repair point of view. Every garage nearly has a hose repair service. Where I'm based there's 5-6 lads offering the service which has an effect on agri rates.

An example I use to justify the cost of hosing. I was working on agri machines in the Bush in western Australia, hose burst had to drive 10hr hours in a ute.(return to perth) 2 tanks of diesel burnt, 60l oil.16 hour shift. Pirtek hose $1000. Any hose I need now is seen as cheap. Although my father/accountant may disagree.

When you factor in the time saved by getting in a professional and you can still do other jobs while waiting on them. I blew a fitting on the sprayer so I just rang Murphy in Kilkenny and I went off and did something else. I never even saw him and I had fifty acres tilled when I hooked to the sprayer the next morning. I have a mechanic that comes to breakdowns and I often get him to take a hose off a machine while he is there and I can nip into pressure hydraulics and he can fit it before he goes.

Any such service in the nw ,north Midlands does anyone know.
Thankfully most mechanic/ garage men are obliging enough to take their regulars out of bother in emergencies if it absolutely cant wait

Back