Restoration/ Refurbs

It's hard to keep track of all the machines you are working on, how many do you typically have at any one time?
Well at the minute I have 2 but that will be down 1 on Thursday when I get rid of this 2 door 590 for your man with conaty and I'll be filling it's place with these 2 yolks im after getting now. This 240 I'm working on at the minute would be done 3 weeks ago if parts could be got for it. I've started work on a 1978 db 995 getting it ready to be sprayed while I wait for these parts for the 240 to land. I have five more yolks lined up that people want done up. A 1979 168 which needs cosmetics and electrical work done to it, a 1965 165 which needs electrics, cosmetics and a few bushings and bearing replaced on it, I have an 1135 which needs cosmetics and a bit of work done to the engine, and finally I have a same laser 110 which needs a new friction disc and cosmetics. Have another lad who's talking about getting the engine 're done on his ford 2000 pre force dexta but I haven't heard anymore from him since. Have plenty to keep me going at the minute anyway.

Last edited:
May get a few more photos of these new yolks when I get them on Thursday. Will be fun trying to fit the 7430 and low loader down the small narrow lane we have. Couldn't get the loan of the renault so Will have to borrow the 74. Will have to recruit the grandfather to slow traffic.

Well at the minute I have 2 but that will be down 1 on Thursday when I get rid of this 2 door 590 for your man with conaty and I'll be filling it's place with these 2 yolks im after getting now. This 240 I'm working on at the minute would be done 3 weeks ago if parts could be got for it. I've started work on a 1978 db 995 getting it ready to be sprayed while I wait for these parts for the 240 to land. I have five more yolks lined up that people want done up. A 1979 168 which needs cosmetics and electrical work done to it, a 1965 165 which needs electrics, cosmetics and a few bushings and bearing replaced on it, I have an 1135 which needs cosmetics and a bit of work done to the engine, and finally I have a same laser 110 which needs a new friction disc and cosmetics. Have another lad who's talking about getting the engine 're done on his ford 2000 pre force dexta but I haven't heard anymore from him since. Have plenty to keep me going at the minute anyway.
Would You ever think of starting a Youtube channel.....

Never knew Clive done up tractors, always thought he just sold the few sames and cars. If you're going that far I'd try Freddie Martin's. They'd probably do it up with all the genuine parts too. Would offer to do it here but I probably wouldn't get round to it till this summer at the rate things are going. Know a lad down the road that does up the odd tractor now and then. Does a serious job at it. Done up a jd2030 and a kp trailer and they were both exactly as they would have left the factory. Even found a set of goodyears for the john deere. I'll mention it to him next time I see him.
Paul Carroll in ballyconnell does a lot of it and respraying of tractors lorries etc.also makes up signs

Any pics of the 2D ? Some of them had the option of a removable backactor with 3 point linkage and PTO,

Attachments

• Vintage-JCB-2D-MK-II-Excavator-Loader.jpg
    Vintage-JCB-2D-MK-II-Excavator-Loader.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 21
Any pics of the 2D ? Some of them had the option of a removable backactor with 3 point linkage and PTO,
I think this one does last I looked it has a pickup hitch behind the seat under the plate and a draft control leaver to the the right. Have one lad who's interested in it at the minute to run a log splitter. Might see about getting some photos tommorow

Back