Vicon settings

rodders

Bought this vicon sower, I think it’s a 402, il be spreading fertliser this weekend with it, but I’m not sure of the settings, I want to put out 3 bags to the acre. Do these numbers correspond to bags per acre? Thanks. 02E62B6F-7A63-4AAC-8957-AC7F1BEB8238.jpeg

Looks like the same as my new (to me) Cosmo. Haven't spread much yet but I have found that at 18, its spreading a bag per acre

Bought this vicon sower, I think it’s a 402, il be spreading fertliser this weekend with it, but I’m not sure of the settings, I want to put out 3 bags to the acre. Do these numbers correspond to bags per acre? Thanks. View attachment 89977
Definitely not, for 3 bags/acre I think you would set it at 34 to 36 but different brands of fertilizer need different settings.

Am I right in saying all the vicon wagtails have the same "gearbox"/business end and only frames and hoppers differ? Is the ps superflow the same settings as OP posted?
The vicon app has settings for the superflow.

Definitely not, for 3 bags/acre I think you would set it at 34 to 36 but different brands of fertilizer need different settings.

My 802 was setting 39 for 3 bags to the acre.

Forward speed and bout width ?

I go by the settings that @MF30 put up when someone asked this question a few years ago .
When I bought the spreader 2 years ago , Noel Delaney gave my a Vicon slide rule thingy , which has various speed/bout width/rate combinations , as well as 2 manuals , neither of which is for the exact spreader...

I go with roughly 24 for a bag of nitrogen 32 for 2 bags of 18/6/12 , 38 for 3 bags of 24/2.5/10 . I don't know do these different types of fertiliser spread differently to each other .

I go by the settings that @MF30 put up when someone asked this question a few years ago .
When I bought the spreader 2 years ago , Noel Delaney gave my a Vicon slide rule thingy , which has various speed/bout width/rate combinations , as well as 2 manuals , neither of which is for the exact spreader...

I go with roughly 24 for a bag of nitrogen 32 for 2 bags of 18/6/12 , 38 for 3 bags of 24/2.5/10 . I don't know do these different types of fertiliser spread differently to each other .
Still need to say forward speed and bout width although some will say throw it to the previous track, a water tank is great because it will show where the outside grains get to, back window open of course even on a day like today.. :laugh:

Still need to say forward speed and bout width although some will say throw it to the previous track, a water tank is great because it will show where the outside grains get to, back window open of course even on a day like today.. :laugh:

I have worked to the "Last Visible grain to previous wheeltrack" for 40 years .
I couldn't honestly tell you accurate speed . High 2nd on Zetor 12241 mid split of 3 .

I have worked to the "Last Visible grain to previous wheeltrack" for 40 years .
I couldn't honestly tell you accurate speed . High 2nd on Zetor 12241 mid split of 3 .

so speed it set by, seems about right then like we do here. mind you on a 35 there isnt much choice

On the mf 168 the settings were 18 for 1 bag. 24 for 2 bags and 34 for 3 bags. The 362 is faster in 2nd gear then the 168 and the settings were 24 for 1 bag. 30 for 2 bags and 38-40 for 3 bags. That would be for CAN, 18:6:12 and 10:10:20. They always seemed to flow at much the same rate with the vicon here.
I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday but I can remember those settings just fine despite it been a while since I last used the wagger.

Bought this vicon sower, I think it’s a 402, il be spreading fertliser this weekend with it, but I’m not sure of the settings, I want to put out 3 bags to the acre. Do these numbers correspond to bags per acre? Thanks. View attachment 89977
I have a silly but important question. I often wondered the same as you as we put 3 50kg bags to the arce also. I can see the numbers ok for setting the spreader but where exactly is it supposed to set to on the cream handle that is rotated? Is it to the extreme left or somewhere inside the little window??
Also any one any good with forward speed. We use a Fiat780 and normally travel along in high 2nd gear at 1500rpm.

Back