Spring Barley - General Thread

What would guys think would be enough fert for spring barley after a lay? 60units in total? Got 30 down the spout at sowing. Prob be hitting it end of this week early next. All starting to show its head here.

Iv been sowing in ley the last 5 years now and always call it off at 65/70 and it still falls in some spots. But Iv never used terpal yet

Got rained off today just about to get started, story of my life whenever im actually ready for sowing it rains..

What would guys think would be enough fert for spring barley after a lay? 60units in total? Got 30 down the spout at sowing. Prob be hitting it end of this week early next. All starting to show its head here.

Is that the hungry ground that you took on lately?

I'd be going a bit stronger if it was mine 70 to 75 units/ac.

Do you give the headlands a run before sowing them?
Yes.
I didn't plough that field, gave it 2 deep runs of the Karat, the headlands had 1 run before the middle of the field was sown and then a second run before they are sown.
When doing ploughed ground I give the whole field 1 run and the headlands a 2nd run after the middle is sown.

Is that the hungry ground that you took on lately?

I'd be going a bit stronger if it was mine 70 to 75 units/ac.
Ya lad. Not sure if it over the top hungry doh. Was never alot taken off either. One field prob want alittle extra then the other. Might push it up abit.

Got out sowing this evening, on hire for a friend. Min tilled and it was coming up lovely. Rained where the next piece was so see what tomorrow brings. Plough should be finished tomorrow at lunch time so hope to have most of the sowin rattled by Saturday evening .

Attachments

• 82FF29E7-5E29-44D5-9A9B-78537904CAE2.jpeg
    82FF29E7-5E29-44D5-9A9B-78537904CAE2.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 82
Was hoping to top dress SB with 60 units of sulcan tomorrow before any weekend rain but it’s spilling fairly well now. Land is bone dry so it shouldn’t halt progress.

Back