case cvx's

Hi guys, after having a good run for a while my cvx has gone a bit crazy. Starts like it’s having fuel problems or starts up and pulls around to red line by itself then slowly falls back to 1200-1500rpm and just bounces around all through the rev range. Deleted codes but only one it’s showing now is a EEM 85 I have a list of codes but not that one. I’ve heard a bit of talk about fuel pump controllers giving issues?
Thanks
What model cvx

So who's going to pluck up courage to ask how much it is?? :phone:
Rang up at dinner time just being nosey really. Sounds like it’s been well looked after. But my pockets aren’t deep enough for the £43,000 price tag unfortunately

Its a 170 he has or was anyway.
Yea it’s a 2002 cvx170. Talked to local case workshop they have had a couple of them over the years do the exact same things mine is doing and it was a faulty crank shaft speed sensor in the bellhousing. New sensor turning up on Monday. Fingers crossed

Looks like the electric remotes packed up so they grafted on some mechanical remotes. Not sure about anyone else but that would make me question the upkeep of the rest of the tractor. It might be perfectly fine, but ....
The price tag probably forced that

Looks like the electric remotes packed up so they grafted on some mechanical remotes. Not sure about anyone else but that would make me question the upkeep of the rest of the tractor. It might be perfectly fine, but ....
Yep. It takes from it a lot. You’d think of it was sorted and added onto the price it would make it a more attractive proposition amd not have prospective buyers worrying about what else was done to it ... where as that looks like pure “mullicking”.
but then again maybe the cost of fixing it is off the scale ?

There just an arsehole of a spool valve.
The newer ones you can buy the pilot heads separate these it's a whole valve.
Myself and another lad have got a few working but you can't buy the circuit boards or transducers.
I see conaty does them now

Back