Winter Barley 2021

Trace elements and sitting in a tank with fungicides and shortener are not good, but what do you do.
Can you adgetate it and then suck a bit more water and turn it off while filling so there is only water in the lines and pump.
It's in it since Monday evening. I did move the tractor yesterday and ran the pump for 10 ish mins. If it didn't have trace elements in it I wouldn't be nearly as concerned.

I have noticed that the joyua started showing small amounts of rhyco about 3 weeks before the castings but now the castings is gone very dirty with it in places.

I think we might have scorched our Joyau with Manganese Sulphate. I am not sure how. The castings doesn’t seem to be affected. Has anyone experienced similar? It’s our first year using manganese sulphate instead of Mantrac etc. so keen to get to the bottom of it.

I think we might have scorched our Joyau with Manganese Sulphate. I am not sure how. The castings doesn’t seem to be affected. Has anyone experienced similar? It’s our first year using manganese sulphate instead of Mantrac etc. so keen to get to the bottom of it.
What rate did you use? It can be hot!

2 litres/ha. It doesn’t look like a typical scorch but the tip of one of the leaves has yellowed quite badly right across the field.

2 litres/ha. It doesn’t look like a typical scorch but the tip of one of the leaves has yellowed quite badly right across the field.
The weather for the last few weeks has been very tough for spray scorch, I even see that type of scorch in crops that were not sprayed.

No it’s a liquid ibc of 15% Manganese Sulphate. It’s didn’t happen at T1 but prior when I just applied Manganese and CCC

Is it weather related?
So what leaf is scorched? It must be the 4th or 5th leaf down so? Who makes that stuff, I’ve never come across that here before.

So what leaf is scorched? It must be the 4th or 5th leaf down so? Who makes that stuff, I’ve never come across that here before.
it’s the second leaf down that’s yellowed. I am not sure who makes it off hand. It’s imported from the UK. Something like this -

it’s the second leaf down that’s yellowed. I am not sure who makes it off hand. It’s imported from the UK. Something like this -

If it’s the 2nd leaf then it could not be the manganese so as it wasn’t even formed when it was applied. When was it last sprayed with any sort of chemical? It could just have been the east wind and frosts too. Belfry looks shite around here and pixel looks lovely and all un sprayed with 25-30 days. Nothing but weather.

tall barley with about 50% awns just peeping, too late for terpal? Says flag leaf on label but thought a few on here were putting it with wans just peeping

tall barley with about 50% awns just peeping, too late for terpal? Says flag leaf on label but thought a few on here were putting it with wans just peeping
I often put it out with the awns starting to show though it was usually cerone I used. It actually said on the label “ first awns” one time, was a few years ago now.

I often put it out with the awns starting to show though it was usually cerone I used. It actually said on the label “ first awns” one time, was a few years ago now.
I’ll try give it a touch Tuesday, all awns still not out, it’s still cold at night

Thinking of skipping Terpal also, it's short enough and stiff. I'll try judging it closer to awns appearing, I'm hoping to spray fungicide and mg DSC_0166.JPGDSC_0165.JPGtomorrow as it seems like the best timing for the next week. Electrum winter malting barley attached. Under a lot of stress, hasn't been sprayed in over 4 weeks.

Back