Daily weather forecast update

Ye are lucky men. Some of our meadows still haven't dried out enough to get slurry out. They were almost there last Saturday but rain came again. We need a good dry week and it will bring us into line with slurry and fertilizer on pasture and meadows. Pasture is a purple and yellow colour. We haven't had growth at all, bar a week at the end of February. Bit of kindness in the weather now would be very beneficial
im on real light sandstone
i can take inch of rain a week through the summer to keep things growing

I'd say its the same lad that updates the grass growth rates as updates the figures for the Better Farm that's in our parish. €1500 GM/HA. I don't think you're supposed to include your off farm earnings as part of the Gross Margin calculation.
Is it pk your thinking off in your parish.i know the buck beside us was supplying growth figures for last few years.by the looks of it there not even good bullshiters

Is it pk your thinking off in your parish.i know the buck beside us was supplying growth figures for last few years.by the looks of it there not even good bullshiters
Yea.

He has 16 hectares on paper but rents in another 15 that the ifj and teagasc don't write about. I'm across the ditch from him and some of the results published from his farm aren't achievable in the golden vale. If they published honest figures and results it might be of benefit to farmers but making up figures and results just to keep up with the Jones' is only pumping ego's.

Yea.

He has 16 hectares on paper but rents in another 15 that the ifj and teagasc don't write about. I'm across the ditch from him and some of the results published from his farm aren't achievable in the golden vale. If they published honest figures and results it might be of benefit to farmers but making up figures and results just to keep up with the Jones' is only pumping ego's.

That says it all.havent seen or been chatting him in 4 years.alot of them bucks be the same.supposedly make a fortune and nothing there when you go looking

Thankfully its not often in May that mountain behind us was white with snow this morning.
Some hoor of a day with gusts of wind and hailstones.shocking cold and heavy rain yesterday and last night

Thankfully its not often in May that mountain behind us was white with snow this morning.
Some hoor of a day with gusts of wind and hailstones.shocking cold and heavy rain yesterday and last night
You do not have to pay rent if there is snow on the mountain in May .

You do not have to pay rent if there is snow on the mountain in May .
I must show that to the 2 i renting 2 parcels of land off.would be dinnertime when they'd be up anyways.
Never heard that one before but it's one mothers tramp of a day with showers

I must show that to the 2 i renting 2 parcels of land off.would be dinnertime when they'd be up anyways.
Never heard that one before but it's one mothers tramp of a day with showers
I rented land off a doom and gloom merchant and there was snow on Lugnaculla on the first of May . He was giving out about snow being on the mountain and I said it was great because I did not have to pay the rent. He started laughing and went off to feed his sheep.

We climbed it on Sunday and it was cracking dry and lovely and warm up at the top. That hail would cut you in half.

Long range forecast is poor enough. One doomsday Pedaler says that we won't see a full dry week until August.

We climbed it on Sunday and it was cracking dry and lovely and warm up at the top. That hail would cut you in half.

Long range forecast is poor enough. One doomsday Pedaler says that we won't see a full dry week until August.
Did yee climb up by the coal pits or head for the boardwalk on cuillagh.its a really nice walk up the boardwalk.we done it last July of a real hot sat .wonderful scenery around and some of the walkers too

Did yee climb up by the coal pits or head for the boardwalk on cuillagh.its a really nice walk up the boardwalk.we done it last July of a real hot sat .wonderful scenery around and some of the walkers too

We went on a track that we picked up on the aughacashel to ballinaglera road. I assume that there were mines along there.

We have done the boardwalk quite a few times at this stage - its a good day out.

We went on a track that we picked up on the aughacashel to ballinaglera road. I assume that there were mines along there.

We have done the boardwalk quite a few times at this stage - its a good day out.
The pits are just above where the picnic area is just before you go over as far as the rte pylons and phone masts.from the top on a clear day you can see the 3 provinces, see croagh patrick and down into lower end of longford as well as into fermanagh.many a day we spent up after grouse many years ago

Looks like we might get out of single figure temperatures by the weekend with a bit of softer rain, what fell today was a degree less than hailstones and barely above freezing for the next few nights, bare fields are taking an age to recover.

Snow on mountain again this morning.grass wont grow now unless we move in indoors with our other cash crops 😁

Snow on mountain again this morning.grass wont grow now unless we move in indoors with our other cash crops 😁
Where abouts do you live? For a small country it's mad how there is such a difference. Me and the ould man went to have a look at the maize last night and there are some plants out through the plastic. Grass is growing but it is slow. I think next week is to improve temperature wise

Myself and muckymanor are leitrim men.if your into your country music concerts im not far from the " city" 😊
We always say that you need to keep driving til you cant see sliabh an iariann or cuillagh in wing mirrors til you reach better ground and climate.vain of ground across leitrim west cavan and fermanagh always gets the worst.
Grounds cold with no growth and heavy round is just passable with machinery and no more.hasnt been any heat to grow or dry ground out.cows will be in at night for a good while yet.

Back