Shear bolt

Luckypaddy

I bought a new tractor to us last cx90 landsman but when I put on a 6foot Fleming topper it breaks the shear bolt in tick over when I engage the pto which is in 540 I tried 8.8 10.8 and 12.9 bolts,the lever for the pto is a wee bit stiff to put in gear would this be the problem for breaking the shear bolt

I bought a new tractor to us last cx90 landsman but when I put on a 6foot Fleming topper it breaks the shear bolt in tick over when I engage the pto which is in 540 I tried 8.8 10.8 and 12.9 bolts,the lever for the pto is a wee bit stiff to put in gear would this be the problem for breaking the shear bolt
Can you spin the blade on the topper ? Sounds like tractor at fault coming on too sudden otherwise

Put the tractor in a high gear and let up the clutch and engage the PTO at the same time . I remember on the Ford 7600 if you put it in ( I think ) high dual power it softened the engagement of the PTO .

When switching on the topper, do you fully slide the lever forwards or briefly pause in the first mini gate which is there to feather the startup?

Also are you sure it is in 540? Although I think the Landsman had 2 seperate shafts.

Most modern tractors will break the shearbolt on our Fleming 6ft topper on engagement so I'd say that its more of a fault of the topper than the tractor. Our nh has a soft start button which saves the shear bolt 99% of the time. As suggested above, of you can figure out of there is a soft start on your tractor it should be a big help

Most modern tractors will break the shearbolt on our Fleming 6ft topper on engagement so I'd say that its more of a fault of the topper than the tractor. Our nh has a soft start button which saves the shear bolt 99% of the time. As suggested above, of you can figure out of there is a soft start on your tractor it should be a big help
Yes there is a soft start on my tractor it's the pto lever it has a slot you bring the lever forward wait 5 seconds the pto starts slowly and then bring the lever fully forward and away you go thanks to everyone who replied to my post

Back