What are you up to in the workshop?

There is Nothing else behind the plate only the big gasket that goes around it that could leak. If it was that it would be leak constant not just when it's running.

Edit; sorry only read about the pins there, I don't know myself what is behind the pins never took that bit apart.

There is Nothing else behind the plate only the big gasket that goes around it that could leak. If it was that it would be leak constant not just when it's running.
Its going get one of them anyway as part of the course when im at it. Im sick of splitting it by now.

Oil leaks after the lad who built box it drives fine. Supposed to have sealed hydraulic pump as well. But it leaks as well.

Screenshot_20210506-211938_Gallery.jpg

I knew that big lump of a vice I bought but never got round to fitting would be useful some day!😂
Twice this week in fact.
Once to press a shaft into a bearing, amd this!
The seam had blown on the top hat, leaving a big gap, ignored it a while then saw @scoffcruddle had a disaster with a top hat filling with crud, so time for some intervention!

My big G clamp was too small, but some clever thinking saved the day!

Must remember where my good saw is this time!

Anyone buy bulk bolts online anywhere?

Were always popping to fetch a few bolts for a project or other, so I'm thinking a bulk buy of various length M10 and M12 bolts and a bulk or nylock nuts and washers.

Another thing we go through well is self tapping screws. Any advice on good sheet mettle to wood ones?

Nearest hardware sells ones with a very blunt end to them! Useless things! Lad on the counter suggested we pilot hole with a drill bit!ffs!

Were always popping to fetch a few bolts for a project or other, so I'm thinking a bulk buy of various length M10 and M12 bolts and a bulk or nylock nuts and washers.

Another thing we go through well is self tapping screws.
wurth, rep calls here about every 3 weeks,for the likes of that stuff, its great value to get a box of bolts,have 6/8 different lengths of all bolts from m8 up to m20 and various different sizes after that, they have a serious selection.always get something off him every time he calls

Another thing we go through well is self tapping screws. Any advice on good sheet mettle to wood ones?

Nearest hardware sells ones with a very blunt end to them! Useless things! Lad on the counter suggested we pilot hole with a drill bit!ffs!
Price around a few of the local co-op's or bigger hardware stores and you'll get them as cheap

Price around a few of the local co-op's or bigger hardware stores and you'll get them as cheap
True, there is a guy near me and if you buy a box of bolts, it isnt much dearer than wholesale prices.
He would be buying in serious quantities though, so can sell cheaper than most,

I mainly use Beal uk, free carriage over £50.

I tend to buy m12 and m10 set bolts at 75mm long in bulk,there the handiest bolt to use being threaded all the way.

Get them from bapp.👍

Reactions: AYF
I don't buy in bulk, but I always over buy. I have some organiser boxes that I put the excess in so always have a good selection when I need a bolt, but always buy bolts for planned work so as to not run down the stocks too much

I have a bolts in stock but a few minutes in the car gets me to Carlow engineering that have a huge selection. He supplies the Quarries so he has a lot of 10.9 in stock.

Same as me if I needed 6 bolts I’d buy 12 . The extra then go in 3 ltr milk carton with the size of thread on it . Always have get you out of a hole bolts then .
I don't buy in bulk, but I always over buy. I have some organiser boxes that I put the excess in so always have a good selection when I need a bolt, but always buy bolts for planned work so as to not run down the stocks too much

A2 stainless steel nuts and bolts anywhere you have to open now and again and fertiliser spreader, dung spreader slurry spreader. Stainless steel threaded bar is also great stuff.

Where would you get that sort of material ? Mitchells would the only likely place?

The u guard on the case is fairly long and because it was fixed solid it was always awkward as hell to get any shaft onto it, it also made a mess of the cover on the agitator as there was no room for the cover when you lifted it out of the tank. So a bit of re engineering and it’s got some flexibility, it drops down by itself so will always be as closed off as it was when working1E5B2876-815C-48E0-816E-0ECFF674C594.jpeg4E03CD60-BAB4-432A-B040-1CC397FC461E.jpeg8BFF96B1-3C97-44F0-8493-8709F09F3158.jpeg

Just spent the afternoon changing the sump on my GTI. Was leaking a nice bit through a crack. Sadly this is a very common problem with the mk4 platform as they dangled a lovely ali sump just below the subframe.

On the upside it means they're readily available for small money. 70 euro next day in the local factors

No pics, too oily

Just spent the afternoon changing the sump on my GTI. Was leaking a nice bit through a crack. Sadly this is a very common problem with the mk4 platform as they dangled a lovely ali sump just below the subframe.

On the upside it means they're readily available for small money. 70 euro next day in the local factors

No pics, too oily
Any room to fit a sump guard?

No pics, too oily
Get your own one welded, I have a few of them here (spares) Any engineering man with Tig, will do it.
You'll have it for again 🙁

Quick question if I cut the weld on this boss both sides will I be able to press it out ? Or will the weld have gone deep into the plate as well?

Attachments

• 2032A868-9F04-42E4-B1E0-3AD5CB1E3CA5.jpeg
    2032A868-9F04-42E4-B1E0-3AD5CB1E3CA5.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 70
Back