Truckin!

Brand new Renault 520T here yesterday,it looked well.
00878493-C5C6-46AA-9235-0DEDE1A73880.jpeg

I’m looking for a replacement for my Daf lf45 180,I’d buy a bigger truck but getting a hgv license is a nightmare due to COVID at the minute.

Anyone come across the Isuzu N75s? Lots about with the auto box that I’d fancy,or do I just buy a newer Daf,even a 10/12t and down rate it.

I’m looking for a replacement for my Daf lf45 180,I’d buy a bigger truck but getting a hgv license is a nightmare due to COVID at the minute.

Anyone come across the Isuzu N75s? Lots about with the auto box that I’d fancy,or do I just buy a newer Daf,even a 10/12t and down rate it.
Oh jeanie dafs are notoriously bad around here. Your man I'm doing up the 995 for has had 3 and every one of them gave buckets of trouble.

Daf will be the most popular 7.5t truck on the road over here,there must be a reason why.

Possibly because they were sold as Leyland Daf , at your side of the pond . And would be viewed therefore as buying your own ?

Gone quite scarce over here . Local dealer closed .

Mercedes , Volvo , but probably the biggest seller , and the highest thought of , would be Scania .

Daf will be the most popular 7.5t truck on the road over here,there must be a reason why.
Sam Dennigan would be the only one here who really runs a big fleet of them, not to say Sligo haulage and hanlons run a fair few too. This man with the david browns few is the only way I've had anything to do with them. He's had 3 xfs with the earliest being 2003 I think. The earlier models he had rusted incredibly quick, I think he only had the second one a year and the rust started showing which I would consider quite bad compared to Sheridans down the roads 1987 scania 93m which has spent nearly the last 20 years outside and rumour has it over 2 millions miles clocked and not even a sign of surface rust. Has a 162 one now which doesn't seem to have any rust problems but he's constantly giving out about the electrics in it and sensors going. Have an uncle below in wexico who used to run a fair fleet back in the day mostly consiting of mercs and scanias who wasnt too keen on them either. Maybe they are good, I don't know, all I've heard about them is negative. What do you make of them? Would like to hear something good about them, always thought the older xfs weren't a bad looking machine.

Possibly because they were sold as Leyland Daf , at your side of the pond . And would be viewed therefore as buying your own ?

Gone quite scarce over here . Local dealer closed .

Mercedes , Volvo , but probably the biggest seller , and the highest thought of , would be Scania .
I suppose the Leyland roadrunner paved the way for success of the dafs,Cummins engine was bulletproof in them.

Volvo and Scania don’t do 7.5t so your limited to Daf,Iveco Renault (all share the same cab) then Merc and Man.

Once you get into 8 wheeler and Artic territory Scania and Volvo are the most popular probably followed by Daf.

I suppose the Leyland roadrunner paved the way for success of the dafs,Cummins engine was bulletproof in them.

Volvo and Scania don’t do 7.5t so your limited to Daf,Iveco Renault (all share the same cab) then Merc and Man.

Once you get into 8 wheeler and Artic territory Scania and Volvo are the most popular probably followed by Daf.

Local quarry has a fairly big fleet of Hinos , 11 and 12 reg , a SINO , yup not a mis print . But last truck or 2 have been new Scanias .
The crowd who are collecting our milk now run all Renaults , which according to the driver , are bought for handy money at 6 , 7 ,8 years old , and give little trouble . Volvo mechanicals .

For balance, 2 very large international hauliers in the district run mainly Dafs.
Either one probably have more than the mentioned business. Oh and isn't there a third outfit that would be more out your way with a lot of dafs? As in Breens, the others I would have had in my head would have been Nolans and O'Briens.

Local quarry has a fairly big fleet of Hinos , 11 and 12 reg , a SINO , yup not a mis print . But last truck or 2 have been new Scanias .
The crowd who are collecting our milk now run all Renaults , which according to the driver , are bought for handy money at 6 , 7 ,8 years old , and give little trouble . Volvo mechanicals .
milk tankers here are all new renaults , seem to be good trucks

Either one probably have more than the mentioned business. Oh and isn't there a third outfit that would be more out your way with a lot of dafs? As in Breens, the others I would have had in my head would have been Nolans and O'Briens.

I'd forgotten about O"Briens. You got the other two correct.

I thought Hino were not being imported any longer due to emissions regulations. Hence Sino.

Virginia transport and the local quarry are running a fair few of them new ones now. They're meant to be a good truck.

I'd forgotten about O"Briens. You got the other two correct.

I thought Hino were not being imported any longer due to emissions regulations. Hence Sino.
2 completley different companies afaik. Sino based in China and hino in Japan. Seen a few at the Brisbane truck show a few years ago. Look to be good enough.

What make of Truck did McGuire the muck haulers buy the last time he went shopping. How many trucks has he got and does he even know. Is there a back story to this company because he is hauling the lowest value material and makes it look easy. Did he really buy 130 trucks at one go?

What make of Truck did McGuire the muck haulers buy the last time he went shopping. How many trucks has he got and does he even know. Is there a back story to this company because he is hauling the lowest value material and makes it look easy. Did he really buy 130 trucks at one go?

Just saw this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210512-095134.jpg
    Screenshot_20210512-095134.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 319
Back