Creeping buttercup

rodders

Reseed a field last year that had creeping buttercup in it, I sprayed it of with clinic up before ploughing it, I’m mowing it this year for silage but I have noticed that the buttercup is back, what’s the best spray to get rid of them? Thanks

Same exact issue here Rodders, sprayed 3 weeks ago with Forefront T which killed docks, nettles and brambles but noticed this evening weed taking over the grass, seems to be creeping buttercup, blasted thing.

I was coming on to post same request, thanks for that and the advice lads 👍

51B8B41E-972E-4588-B97C-CFFC5F9E22E8.jpeg

Same exact issue here Rodders, sprayed 3 weeks ago with Forefront T which killed docks, nettles and brambles but noticed this evening weed taking over the grass, seems to be creeping buttercup, blasted thing.

View attachment 91582
Was the buttercups there when you sprayed?

View attachment 91582
The lovely crowfoot... wet ground plants.morttone will control it for 2 to 3 years.

Reseed a field last year that had creeping buttercup in it, I sprayed it of with clinic up before ploughing it, I’m mowing it this year for silage but I have noticed that the buttercup is back, what’s the best spray to get rid of them? Thanks
Did you soil test at reseeding? I always find that lime gets rid of crowfoot.

Sprayed MCPA at the 3.3 full rate and it did the trick thanks fellas. We did a soil test back in March and applied lime, still surprised to get the buttercup so much after spraying with forefront. Think it’s the poor grass growth allowing the buttercup to take advantage

I have some in a silage field. Any idea how long after application of mortox 50 would it be safe to cut for silage?

Back