120-140hp tractor with loader

Having spent a few hours doing a few jobs on a 4 cyl with loader brackets they are so tightly packaged that some bolts are nearly impossible to access, unless you want the smaller turn radius of a 4 cyl go for a 6 cyl if fitting a loader.

Looking at tractors up in dealers in the North, what are peoples experiences with the following:
Mid antrim tractors (Randall Nelson)
Jalex
Slemish Tractors
Stephenson tractors
Hawkes
Howard Fulton

One son forwarded that to me a few minutes ago... plus stg/euro calculations etc.
Twud be nice but so would a lot of others things , further up the list
People be on about the newholland electroshift whine well those cyrstalls suffer from that it would drive one to drink. I think you have to wait for the new series as they only corrected that flaw in the current design. Still short of ratio as it can run up to 50kmh but done through only 15 ratios.

People be on about the newholland electroshift whine well those cyrstalls suffer from that it would drive one to drink. I think you have to wait for the new series as they only corrected that flaw in the current design. Still short of ratio as it can run up to 50kmh but done through only 15 ratios.

A friend on mine bought a 6030 last year , and a local contractor has a 09 6030 since about 2010 , and yes , the noise is horrific , imo.

A friend on mine bought a 6030 last year , and a local contractor has a 09 6030 since about 2010 , and yes , the noise is horrific , imo.
they havent really fixed it in the t6 either. had driven a t6.175 with the old style bonnet, was the first thing i noticed when i went into 13th gear which made no sense to me as its kind of the same as sle and the 7840 doesnt whine nearly at all

Thanks.
Never copped PUH on phone photo's.
Private sale so no trade in etc .
Reckon price is a wee bit on the strong side depending on what its like in the flesh .

Whats a 1993 JD 6400 with loader (3rd service and soft ride) 50% rear tyres (18×38 ) ,30% fronts (16.9×24) 12600 hours on clock worth on private sale?
Engine done top to bottom at 10k hours
Hydraulic pump tested ok.Brakes done at 7k hours along with quad box reconditioned.
40k 24f×16r box with RHR and Christmas cake lift control .
Cross shaft well worn.
Cab interior? Well its off farm condition although the radio works sometimes .

Whats a 1993 JD 6400 with loader (3rd service and soft ride) 50% rear tyres (18×38 ) ,30% fronts (16.9×24) 12600 hours on clock worth on private sale?
Engine done top to bottom at 10k hours
Hydraulic pump tested ok.Brakes done at 7k hours along with quad box reconditioned.
40k 24f×16r box with RHR and Christmas cake lift control .
Cross shaft well worn.
Cab interior? Well its off farm condition although the radio works sometimes .
16?

A 115 MC would be a rare enough article, fairly certain its a french import. Disappointing how badly she’s wearing the small hours, but the better climate is really hard on the red paint.
Would being a French import have any bearing on parts etc ?

Kinda thinking between PUH etc it would need to be at the quoted price vat inclusive or less to be worth looking at .
Anything I buy would be a long term purchase ala JD 6400 (15 years) so paint condition is irrelevant other than as a bargaining point.To me its what it does/doesn't do, not what it look like that's important.

Has Brexit affected the price of SH UK tractors? As in less demand lower prices?
Not that i’m aware of, but there is less and less nice secondhands available over there, i’d know a good few that were buying 20-30 tractors a year out there to sell alongside new ones and they say they just can’t be got anymore, UK dealers are retailing their own trade ins as apposed to punting them off to the trade and export, but the £v€ had a lot to do with that, and in the last 6 months the currency has shifted just enough to make them look less attractive to potential EU buyers.

S/H prices up significantly in Ireland though.

no bearing at all. French tractors will become much more common in ireland going forward. Brexit slowed the UK transactions massively
Had a look at the Case IH 115 in the link.Its French alright;direct import.
Nice and tidy on original Michelen tyres by the looks of it.Everything seems to work apart from loader softride but that might have been setting rather than broken .
Slight weep on turbo but could be just an oil seal.
Has the manual injector pump .
Very little wear on rear linkage .
Nice to drive with cab/front suspension/air seat and the integrated elec. joystick handy but very sensitive .Only thing I forgot was to actually see what headstock the loader had .
Didnt like the "detent " on the joystick but perhaps it would take getting used to .
Also found the foot throttle stiff .
Fiberglass bonnet not as faded as it looks in the pics to be fair although couple of bits cracked on it .
Needs a PUH .
Definitely would need a manual as more buttons and settings than I would be used to .
By the way the "missing" hand throttle is actually beside your right elbow as part of the console mounted on the seat .

Last edited:
Ah its my wedding anniversary today so hoping herself might surprise me !!!

No offer yet as have to see how the cashflow/finances stack up.Private sale means no trade in and would really need to shift the one I would be replacing pretty quick to keep things ticking along.Even getting robbed on a trade in can be better at times than a yoke sitting in the yard for a few months and every time you pass it you wonder how the fcuk you will ever shift it .
Ok if you had someone lined up for it beforehand but hard enough to find the right "client" at times when you really need them .

Anyone been at Brendan Casey's in Laois?
Some selection in the yard, I had my eye on one and called in to ask him about, he says to me "what one are you interested in?...any in the shed take your fancy?" I go down this quaint path then through the workshop/stores to a room with 40 tractors easy in it, packed in like sardines!
How can these private guys carry the stock? Although someone says to me that the used stock is better than money in the bank, appreciating away!
Did you buy off him?

I drove a neighbours T6 145 last week unloading bales. Quicker loader and fully electronic controls. I don't know if it's NH own joystick just plumbed to the quicke but the joystick is tiny. Only barely an inch long if even. Took a bit of getting used to but between that and the tractor itself it was a dote to off load the bales. Quiet comfy cab and I must say quiet possibly the best clutch I've operated. No stupid delay when you lift you foot and probably drives as near to a manual clutch as I've seen with these hyd clutch pack ones. I'd be fairly red now when it comes to brand as most of you know but I most certainly wouldn't be upset if I had that T6 here.

Back