Milking parlours

Any suppliers of the pvc box corrugated sheets in the south east?
Nearly dealt with a crowd near the border I saw selling it on DoneDeal and when I searched the company before handing over money they came up as ceased trading!

Duggan Steel Kilkenny http://steel.ie/industrial/proclad/. I'm sure there are others around and if not in the south east most likely they will deliver, do a bit of Googleing :smile:

This stuff looks the job. How was it fixed to the walls, was it onto an existing painted wall? TIA
Aluminium strip every sheet,it’s great because if your wall behind isn’t flat you can pack the strip so it’s vertical,did my dairy in it and the wall was random stone.

Milking 96 cows here from start to finish this time of year it is taking 3 hours 1.5h to milk and between washing parlour and machine and feeding a few calves another 1.5h does that sound right ?
12 unit parlour with jars and acr’s .
No air gates front or back .

Milking 96 cows here from start to finish this time of year it is taking 3 hours 1.5h to milk and between washing parlour and machine and feeding a few calves another 1.5h does that sound right ?
12 unit parlour with jars and acr’s .
No air gates front or back .
Feeding how many calves?
Sounds like you need a auto calf milk feeder. Has reduced my workload. Now only have three pens of calves on test feeder so that only takes 20 minutes and check the auto feeder when those three pens are drinking.

Saw advert for merlin meridian on farm exam. Interesting concept but id think youd need deep pockets!!!!
Just seems pointless.

Just seems pointless.
What exactly are they do you mind me asking?

I want to take out my recording jars here lads. I keep getting caught in them now cause I’m getting slow and clumsy, have got a right few hurts now from backing and waking into them. I have acr and swing over arms. It’s a Dairymaster plant. I’d like to put in milk indicators if possible. And move the wash line down so I’d have nothing left in the middle of the pit. Have any of ye done this? Any ideas on cost? I know a guy that has the commander things from Dairymaster as indicators, what would they cost if anyone has fitted them lately? I like the jars but I’m tired of zigzagging around them now it’s time for a change

I think he meant more if herd health wasnt being monitored proper and d right feed to keep yields up. Theres people under d impression that installing robots means u just throw feed in front and them and go off and do ur own thing itl all work itself no problems
That too!

I want to take out my recording jars here lads. I keep getting caught in them now cause I’m getting slow and clumsy, have got a right few hurts now from backing and waking into them. I have acr and swing over arms. It’s a Dairymaster plant. I’d like to put in milk indicators if possible. And move the wash line down so I’d have nothing left in the middle of the pit. Have any of ye done this? Any ideas on cost? I know a guy that has the commander things from Dairymaster as indicators, what would they cost if anyone has fitted them lately? I like the jars but I’m tired of zigzagging around them now it’s time for a change
In our old plant we raised the jars up above head height and had a flexible bar that if you hit off it, it moved was a super job.

In our old plant we raised the jars up above head height and had a flexible bar that if you hit off it, it moved was a super job.
How are you getting on without the jars? Are them commander box’s any good? I’ve a dump line here too so I only milk through the jars now. I might be caught for height moving the jars up. I’m kinda looking at it the same way I look at Machinary and upgrade it every 7 or 8 years to keep it modern

How are you getting on without the jars? Are them commander box’s any good? I’ve a dump line here too so I only milk through the jars now. I might be caught for height moving the jars up. I’m kinda looking at it the same way I look at Machinary and upgrade it every 7 or 8 years to keep it modern

little bit off topic, how does dump line work, is there a SS vessel under vacuum in the dairy that holds the milk until you switch off at the end. Or does the dump line has separate milk pump of some description on it

little bit off topic, how does dump line work, is there a SS vessel under vacuum in the dairy that holds the milk until you switch off at the end. Or does the dump line has separate milk pump of some description on it
Separate line pump and jar

Ya grand. They are good but I find I rely on the computer to say if a cow is depressed yield or if a unit comes of earlier than normal. I always liked been able to look at the jar to be able to see if a cow is sick. With the indicators you will need to hot wash once a day cosn if they sent clean they will throw yields all over the place

I never fitted jars just milked direct to line with simple acr’s,I bought some clip on milk meters a couple of years later,then added full milk digital meters,I can’t be doing with anything in the way in the pit,teat sprayers are the only thing here.

Quick update, got a price from Dairymaster to remove my jars and install milk indicators and a hinged low wash line. I already have cluster removers and swing over arms even though they are the shorter type ones.
So take out my jars, acr control box’s. Install milk indicators and new wash line and upgrade my milk line from reviver jar to tank from 2 inch to 3 inch its bout 20ft max of milk line. Quoted 21.5k down to 16k because I said I’d keep my swing over arms instead of installing the longer type ones. Maybe I’m getting old but I thought it was mad money altogether considering I have most of the stuff there already.

Quick update, got a price from Dairymaster to remove my jars and install milk indicators and a hinged low wash line. I already have cluster removers and swing over arms even though they are the shorter type ones.
So take out my jars, acr control box’s. Install milk indicators and new wash line and upgrade my milk line from reviver jar to tank from 2 inch to 3 inch its bout 20ft max of milk line. Quoted 21.5k down to 16k because I said I’d keep my swing over arms instead of installing the longer type ones. Maybe I’m getting old but I thought it was mad money altogether considering I have most of the stuff there already.
Was chatting a dairy farming friend of mine recently and he had a similar story, mate of his setting up a 2nd unit on greenfield site spent 230k ex vat for a 20 unit parlour, basic shed to house the parlour, bulk tank and washings tank, thought it sounded strong money, and neededa collecting yard after

How many units?

It doesn't seem much out of line, tbh. Any attachments to milking units are going to be 500 euro+. We added 2 units and acrs for 16 units a few years ago for somewhere around that money, acrs from Delaval are around 1k a unit. Even the unit for reducing the vacuum and pulsation, Duovac or something like that, was over 500 euro a unit.

That would be a days work for a crew between taking down the old system and then installing the new and labour isn't cheap these days?

Back