Trailed silage harvester outfit

The pictures got the wrong model with the swan neck drawbar,the 1350 was the 1st with this set up,@Ó hÉidin
will know.

yes, 1350 was original, was updated to 1355, then the 1360 took its place and at the same time the 1460 was intorduced which is a higher spec 1360 i think. All of those are based on the 5 drum blade.

the 1260 shares all of the features like the swan neck drawbar and shaft driven rollers, but is based around the 4 blade rotor with a 2.5m pick up instead of a 3.1m used on the others.

I remember either here or on TFF about someone who had put the engine at the rear, maybe even towed it along. this allowed the original drawbar and driveline to be kept. They had coupled the engine to the harvester in such a way that the harvester had two power supplies, the tractor dragging it along as intended via the original driveline and this additional engine that was on the rear
Yes on tff a mengele sh40 driven by a tractor and a frame at the back of the harvester s flywheel to carry an engine with an overrun clutch, the idea of the engine was to not let the tractor down on driven speed or torque

Yes on tff a mengele sh40 driven by a tractor and a frame at the back of the harvester s flywheel to carry an engine with an overrun clutch, the idea of the engine was to not let the tractor down on driven speed or torque
The above setup is mine, it a 160hp deutz air cooled engine on the drawbar, good for 70 acres a day very easy to operate, any tractor can tow it along

Are them mengeles any good? There's a man down the road with a SP Mengele Mammut, think he was on classic tractor with it

Friends of mine had one years ago. When it came first it was a great machine picking up 20ft rows effortlessly. They wouldnt have been that worried about keeping the knives sharpened and the shearbar right so as time went on output dropped. Towards the end the blow became so bad that it was struggling to blow the grass over the creel of the trailer. We picked up a block of timber and that finished the harvester off. The weather was fine so we went home and brought back the square baler and baled the rest o it.

Friends of mine had one years ago. When it came first it was a great machine picking up 20ft rows effortlessly. They wouldnt have been that worried about keeping the knives sharpened and the shearbar right so as time went on output dropped. Towards the end the blow became so bad that it was struggling to blow the grass over the creel of the trailer. We picked up a block of timber and that finished the harvester off. The weather was fine so we went home and brought back the square baler and baled the rest o it.

He told me that one of the main bearings was gone ..., nothing about blocks of timber being digested. In fairness , I was passing by the yard , and n oticed the 40 left in the one place from one year to the next , and a Mengele wagon in use . He said that he wasn't selling it , and hoped to repair it . That was possibly 2011 ? I passed there 10 days ago , and it's gone a bit further into the undergrowth.

He told me that one of the main bearings was gone ..., nothing about blocks of timber being digested. In fairness , I was passing by the yard , and n oticed the 40 left in the one place from one year to the next , and a Mengele wagon in use . He said that he wasn't selling it , and hoped to repair it . That was possibly 2011 ? I passed there 10 days ago , and it's gone a bit further into the undergrowth.

I think that the flywheel bearing is gone in it. The block wouldnt have helped things anyway. They were cutting with the wagon in 2012 so its ten years parked up.

Are them mengeles any good? There's a man down the road with a SP Mengele Mammut, think he was on classic tractor with it
Theres one still in use locally.
The type with a reverse drive sh40 chopper on the power unit it the type you mean?

Clears a good acerage a day.

Front bearing is the hard one to do on them. There's a nack to it.

That’s some output from a simple system
Yes that is 3 9ft rows raked, output is very good and it is very easy to use,
Mengele flywheel harvesters are very good on output but probably require a little more of better knife settings than the likes of a jf, the stone needs to be grinded back a bit on the inside as it tends to wear more on the outside, the shear bar should be set level to the flywheel and shimmed up also,
It probably takes a bit more time to set the mengele set up than a jf,

There must be some amount of people reading this thread, there's an awful clatter of harvesters after appearing on Donedeal in the last week or two :lol:
'Tis the season to be selling, compounded by the weather induced delay...

Seen a black coloured mf with a jf 1060 turning into a field , oldcastle side of mountnugent.@meathmassey3 might know of.wasnt close enough to see model no but she was a big girl.looked well in black , also fleet of mfs and redrocks

Seen a black coloured mf with a jf 1060 turning into a field , oldcastle side of mountnugent.@meathmassey3 might know of.wasnt close enough to see model no but she was a big girl.looked well in black , also fleet of mfs and redrocks
Mark Smith. He's from ballyjamesduff. Has a serious outfit. I know he had a 7718 which was black but I seen a black s series knocking about lately suspect it could be his or traynors. He does silage wrap collecting as Well with this big lump of a broughan with a palfinger crane on it. One of the few men around here still out on contract with a trailed harvester with his arguably being the best of the lot.

Mark Smith. He's from ballyjamesduff. Has a serious outfit. I know he had a 7718 which was black but I seen a black s series knocking about lately suspect it could be his or traynors. He does silage wrap collecting as Well with this big lump of a broughan with a palfinger crane on it. One of the few men around here still out on contract with a trailed harvester with his arguably being the best of the lot.
Are you sure about the first name?

Have him on Snapchat too. Would a 1060 be much bigger than an 1100.
a 1060 would be physically smaller than an 1100 as it has the 5blade drum, the 1060 has the 4 blade drum, also being the new type.

a 1060 would outperform an 1100 up to 250hp, after that the more power wins out. Add to that the 1100 hasn’t been made since 2001.

Back