Trailed silage harvester outfit

That just looks like hardship... seeing the long stringy grass coming out of the trailer is giving me nightmares of trying to grape the stuff to cattle as a child..

Although dad would still maintain to this day the best (in terms of palatability for the cattle) silage he ever made was with a single chop.

I was drawing from this outfit the past couple of days. Its a good while since I last drew away from a trailed harvester so I sort of had lot of the does and donts forgotten. We were mowing and picking the headlands first and then finishing the rest of the field then. I found that you would be working very hard to get through work compared to the wagon and how important it is to have the mowing done as accurate as possible.
20210531_193954.jpg

What size mower are cutting with? Uncle used to out 8ft rows through one of those in the late 80's, steady pace he said and you'd have it blowing well.
We just mowed out a few rows with a Kidd double chop as we don't have our own mower at the minute. It was just to test her out as I only bought it a month ago. She will be doing some proper work in the next few days hopefully.

How did the lads with duncans mengele get on .
Dunican's? He put the ad up for the craic. Ppl see the ad, click to see what other ads he has up. You know, get ppl talking and all that. As my old man puts it, he would have to be up his tree to go hiring it out

it wasn't in the yard when my old lad passed couple days ago.
he did have an ad up a week prior trying to sell it. he doesnt have the ad up for the hiring

anyways on another note, was drawing silage f mc there on tuesday and was up the road from the honesty shed (the country road that will take you to the carrigaline/ballyfeard road from riverstick side). saw over toward the forest, some lads there with a trailed forager and a couple tractors and trailers going. any idea who was running that?

Ground looks raw enough.
Fine trailer . Good sward of grass.
was a bit soapy alright. nice looking trailer tbf to them. they bought it earlier this year and had to chop the front off. was fairly rusty they got it fixed up and ready to go so its on its maiden voyage since that

was a bit soapy alright. nice looking trailer tbf to them. they bought it earlier this year and had to chop the front off. was fairly rusty they got it fixed up and ready to go so its on its maiden voyage since that

Cut the front off ??
What make is it ?
Not the same as this, is it ?
It says Thorpe , but owner sprayed it and put decals on it , because he has another trailer , which is a Thorpe . I think this is actually a Cronin ??
20190620_191054.jpg

Cut the front off ??
What make is it ?
Not the same as this, is it ?
It says Thorpe , but owner sprayed it and put decals on it , because he has another trailer , which is a Thorpe . I think this is actually a Cronin ??
View attachment 92692
smyth trailer. i think the panels were pretty bad on the front. last time i saw the trailer was before they painted it again but looked like they did a bit of welding with the corner pillars all the way up the side.

nick could have it parked in the shed too, just it was in the yard for a few weeks but wasnt there on Saturday. he has a couple nice tx 6? parked in the sheds. can see them from road. couple jds as well. would you know Derry who used to work on the counter in Atkins bandon? about 2 years ago a lad asked him to go check a combine with him nick was selling yerman didnt buy it but Derry went with no intention of buying but ended up buying the combine, tx63 I think.
ya would know derry alright ,think he is with frank deane now.

Back