Steel price

Butler steel is an impressive outfit, its great to have the likes of it in the north west. Is there any similar places in Donegal tinman?
butlers yard is an impressive stand isnt it, they literally have every size in an assortment of grades too.
would they not be about the biggest stock holder of steel in the country.
tata used to have a depot in derry but it closed a few years ago but they will still deliver from their depot close to belfast.
id use either for odd ball steel sizes or larger quantities but for the normal stuff i can buy right enough off my heiton steel man, he is keen enough on his price if your dealing a bit with him i find.

butlers yard is an impressive stand isnt it, they literally have every size in an assortment of grades too.
would they not be about the biggest stock holder of steel in the country.
tata used to have a depot in derry but it closed a few years ago but they will still deliver from their depot close to belfast.
id use either for odd ball steel sizes or larger quantities but for the normal stuff i can buy right enough off my heiton steel man, he is keen enough on his price if your dealing a bit with him i find.

I was told ten years ago that butler said he'd love to sell up but there was no one big enough to be able to buy him out.

Although same man said he wouldn't turn down a chance to blow the trumpet! Have to admire any man that built a business like that from scratch. Started out buying old style sinks for demolition jobs in Dublin and selling them for cattle drinkers.

Cut your way in, weld your way out!!!

I was told ten years ago that butler said he'd love to sell up but there was no one big enough to be able to buy him out.

Although same man said he wouldn't turn down a chance to blow the trumpet! Have to admire any man that built a business like that from scratch. Started out buying old style sinks for demolition jobs in Dublin and selling them for cattle drinkers.

Cut your way in, weld your way out!!!
i never knew thats where he came from, fair play to him, they are a slick outfit.

I was talking to a man last night that would be buying a lot of steel and it is down €300 a tonne on what it was . He would be getting full lorry loads delivered and a lot of it was coming from Spain on trucks . He said the Chinese supply very little RSJ or structural steel into Europe but he thought that was going to change . Most of his steel would be reinforcing steel of various types .

Heard a story about stainless steel pipe in a plant in another country getting shot down on a quality audit, when the CE marking was questioned the reply came back that it was CE marked alright but it stood for "China Export":lol::D

One of these lads who works on sites and brings home odds and ends asked me if I’d be interested in two 8inch galvanised H iron pillars, 10mm wall, what are they worth in paper money.

They're worth €5 per foot in notes, probably €10 with or without VAT from a stockist.
Only of value if you have a specific use for 10mm H iron of course. As 8 ft gate posts they're worth €25 max.
MF30

They're worth €5 per foot in notes, probably €10 with or without VAT from a stockist.
Only of value if you have a specific use for 10mm H iron of course. As 8 ft gate posts they're worth €25 max.
MF30
I asked him earlier what he wanted but he didn’t know and I didn’t offer anything, he has text me since I posted saying €350 for 2 lengths 11ft each, they would have suited to hang two 20ft gates going into a field that I’m making a gap into but it’s easier just go to a steel supplier and get a receipt than burst his little bubble.

I asked him earlier what he wanted but he didn’t know and I didn’t offer anything, he has text me since I posted saying €350 for 2 lengths 11ft each, they would have suited to hang two 20ft gates going into a field that I’m making a gap into but it’s easier just go to a steel supplier and get a receipt than burst his little bubble.

You would get a 16ft length of U shaped galvanized crash barrier for around 73euro including a VAT receipt, it would be enough for two posts and no waste

You would get a 16ft length of U shaped galvanized crash barrier for around 73euro including a VAT receipt, it would be enough for two posts and no waste
Did anyone buy any 6x3 or 7x4 or 8x4 H iron recently and how much is it

Did anyone buy any 6x3 or 7x4 or 8x4 H iron recently and how much is it
I got some 7x4 back before the Christmas for crush posts and something has €20 a metre in my head. I can’t remember if that was plus or including VAT though. It has probably taken a jump since.

€715 for angle, €800 for beams a tonne the 1/5/20. To be honest we are having no issues getting steel, the right people are still going fine. For anyone looking for steel or sheeting, Duggan Steel Kilkenny are in a league of there own. They just leave the Heitons etc for dust. Thompson Butler are good too.
Duggans have a massive stock of both and are rolling and delivering sheeting within 2 weeks.

The big issues I have encountered was in buying different type plates, we would buy a lot of 6m x 2m sheet for tanks from the UK and this is hard got

€715 for angle, €800 for beams a tonne the 1/5/20. To be honest we are having no issues getting steel, the right people are still going fine. For anyone looking for steel or sheeting, Duggan Steel Kilkenny are in a league of there own. They just leave the Heitons etc for dust. Thompson Butler are good too.
Duggans have a massive stock of both and are rolling and delivering sheeting within 2 weeks.

The big issues I have encountered was in buying different type plates, we would buy a lot of 6m x 2m sheet for tanks from the UK and this is hard got
Duggans are hard bet. Got two lots of sheeting of them this year, first I ordered directly myself and the second through aurivo, had it much quicker when ordered through aurivo. Less than 3 weeks I think. They were over 1k cheaper as well than some other quotes I got so some places are making a killing on sheeting.

Some stockholders, even the bigger ones are struggling to get certain sizes. RSJ and heavy stuff is ok but anything tubular, box section, round tube is either mental money (think 1100 per ton as of today) or that size is not available. Apparently a lot of tube stock is sourced from Turkey. As its outside the EU there are quotas on what can come in and tarriffs which are getting stretched after Brexit.....Galv purlins are particullary hard to get too but I have have heard that Duggans are one of the few with a good supply. They supply a lot of the smaller profiling companys with coil...

Some stockholders, even the bigger ones are struggling to get certain sizes. RSJ and heavy stuff is ok but anything tubular, box section, round tube is either mental money (think 1100 per ton as of today) or that size is not available. Apparently a lot of tube stock is sourced from Turkey. As its outside the EU there are quotas on what can come in and tarriffs which are getting stretched after Brexit.....Galv purlins are particullary hard to get too but I have have heard that Duggans are one of the few with a good supply. They supply a lot of the smaller profiling companys with coil...

Yep still waiting on galvanised purloins here nearly 8 weeks now and I think the order might have been in before that, the Agribuild coated purloins are easier got but only Duggans supply those.

Back