What are you up to in the workshop?

Bit of a mad idea that I'm just throwing out there, I've reason to need to weigh the contents of a single axle tipping trailer on a regular enough basis. There's a weighbridge that I can use for free 3 miles away but it's an hour wasted cos you wind up talking for half an hour.
Would it be possible to rig up weigh cells off a diet feeder onto trailer ??
Max net weight to be weighed would be 9 tonne.
Trailer would always be stored in a shed so wouldn't have to be particularly weather proof etc and wouldn't be used at speed either on road or that, basically only crossing yard from one shed to another.
All comments welcome, no offence taken!

Bit of a mad idea that I'm just throwing out there, I've reason to need to weigh the contents of a single axle tipping trailer on a regular enough basis. There's a weighbridge that I can use for free 3 miles away but it's an hour wasted cos you wind up talking for half an hour.
Trailer would always be stored in a shed so wouldn't have to be particularly weather proof etc and wouldn't be used at speed either on road or that, basically only crossing yard from one shed to another.
No reason it wouldn’t work provided the cells would be up to the required weight. You might need to fit a separate chassis for the cells to weigh. I think there’s some of the makers offering it on new ones so might be worth a look. I’ve deffinitly seen it on a Stewart trailer in the uk

Reactions: Bcl
Another useful bit of kit I rescued from the skip.
A manual impact driver! Slap the top to make the socket turn a small bit!
Takes sockets as well as screwdriver bits!
Anyone ever used one?
Are they useful?
View attachment 92835
I have one for years, rarely use it, but very handy when needed.
I only use it for seized screws, but will tend to shift, or shear, nearly anything small.

Anyone ever used one?
Are they useful?
I have one, as gone says, very useful for getting a tight screw moving.

Anyone ever used one?
Are they useful?
View attachment 92835
Used the one here last week, first use in a few years I'd say. Great tool, used it for a seized Phillips screw head in a differential hub. Nothing else worked but it did. Failure wasn't an option.

How about something like this

How about something like this

Was looking at them this morning and thought grand job, until I seen that price was for one platform only and then buy a screen too so it be near €5k by the it'd be done

I don't think that would work, some of the weight would be on the hinge points, you would need to weigh that as well
Should be pretty easy to figure out within reason by weighing a fixed weight no? I.E a bag of fertilizer

Should be pretty easy to figure out within reason by weighing a fixed weight no? I.E a bag of fertilizer
You have three points where the load rests, it's no good weighing one point.
If you had a trailer and put a bag of fertilizer at the back door it's going to put less pressure on the ram than if the bag of fertilizer was sitting at the front of the trailer, it wouldn't be accurate

Very True, Overlooked the fact that the load being weighed is probably going to be something loose e.g grain or meal.

Very True, Overlooked the fact that the load being weighed is probably going to be something loose e.g grain or meal.
They weigh at a certain point as trailer is tipped if load evenly distributed bd consistent your going to be accurate to about 5%. RDS brochure claims +_ 2%

Yes will do would like to see those.
These tree companies might be of some use to you @towbar ive seen these three companies parts being used on tipping trailers,8 wheeler tippers and Loading shovels

These tree companies might be of some use to you @towbar ive seen these three companies parts being used on tipping trailers,8 wheeler tippers and Loading shovels
Thanks I was interested to see these but not for me I installed a small single axle weigh bridge. That might work for the op though but i suspect not cheap.

Reactions: Bcl
What are you filling the trailer with? Would a weighing system on the loader be an option?

Back