Mucky Manor Pics

How effective are those Guttler machines, they don't seem to create a whole lot of tilth, I think @Seedsower has one?
I don't know to be honest. I had planned on getting a neighbor with an allstrong seeder but he had said that it would be too dry for it. Another neighbor had gotten this guy before and recommended it way above the allstrong machine for this type of weather. I don't think the pictures do justice for the amount of tilth that was achieved.

But to be honest I'm very much a novice at reseeding. I would have ploughed but this field has rock very close to the surface in some spots which would have made it unsuitable for ploughing.

I don't know to be honest. I had planned on getting a neighbor with an allstrong seeder but he had said that it would be too dry for it. Another neighbor had gotten this guy before and recommended it way above the allstrong machine for this type of weather. I don't think the pictures do justice for the amount of tilth that was achieved.

But to be honest I'm very much a novice at reseeding. I would have ploughed but this field has rock very close to the surface in some spots which would have made it unsuitable for ploughing.
I would have thought there was very little difference between what the Alstrong and the Guttler would do in any weather

I would have thought there was very little difference between what the Alstrong and the Guttler would do in any weather
According to my neighbor, the guttler cuts a slit and buries seed beneath a tiny layer of soil whereas the allstrong creates a tilth and the seed is sown on top.

I'm not sure if that is correct but I can tell you that the seed is not visible in what was done for me today. Time will tell I suppose. I'll post some updates in the coming weeks.

According to my neighbor, the guttler cuts a slit and buries seed beneath a tiny layer of soil whereas the allstrong creates a tilth and the seed is sown on top.

I'm not sure if that is correct but I can tell you that the seed is not visible in what was done for me today. Time will tell I suppose. I'll post some updates in the coming weeks.
Does that man come from Portumna?

Back