at the cousins silage this evening

Attachments

• 44C719F9-8D18-44F4-A80D-F3F8C01424E8.jpeg
    44C719F9-8D18-44F4-A80D-F3F8C01424E8.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 11CEE665-8545-4431-A429-194587EF3A3F.jpeg
    11CEE665-8545-4431-A429-194587EF3A3F.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 128
See farmer Phil has the video up above the pottinger front n rear mowers that were left up to him last Wednesday.looks delighted to see new mowers on the big mf

I remember one year i was very young my old lad had to make a small pit of silage at back of yard as pits were full. He had no more tyres so used dung to weigh down cover. He filled the rotary spreader and used that to fire it up on to the pit. He then spread rvp seed by hand on it. In the autumn he was able to graze calves on it without damaging the cover. When he was feeding the silage it was easier to pike the dung off the cover as the roots made it lift like a mat.

And before you ask a pike is a fork/sprong/grape but pike is the proper name.....end of storey!!!!:2guns::flappytounge:

Sowed grass seeds on top of dung here too.

Never grazed it though ? You sure that you're not from a more northerly county , also beginning with C ?
I used to pull the scraw of grass of with my hands .

Cut Sunday,tedded out yesterday baled this evening.
Like bloody cabbage took a bit of mist last night but still fifteen bales to the acre.
A black evening,had a lad helping me giving out that the heater wouldn’t work in the tractor ffs.

Attachments

• B4A377E7-FD64-4CD8-BDF7-8D721D6AE35D.jpeg
    B4A377E7-FD64-4CD8-BDF7-8D721D6AE35D.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 105
Didn’t realised they baled,recognise the tractor as it does be over this way with the digger and lowloader.
Always done baling, started with rp 12 and some old dinosaur of a Same that he was cutting turf with. Since the sons got involved the have got into nice gear.

All going well the last 9 acres of the brothers 1st cut should be in today. I won't be sorry to be done. Usually I enjoy silage but this year it's been a pain in the hole. The main drum belt went in shite yesterday. Cue nearly a grand to replace that. Then the blower belt decided to go in shite shortly after. That's another 500 odd. The annoyance of it all is incalculable. On the plus side the ac that got damaged in the fire last year is fixed and working again so at least I'm cool while swearing profusely.

All going well the last 9 acres of the brothers 1st cut should be in today. I won't be sorry to be done. Usually I enjoy silage but this year it's been a pain in the hole. The main drum belt went in shite yesterday. Cue nearly a grand to replace that. Then the blower belt decided to go in shite shortly after. That's another 500 odd. The annoyance of it all is incalculable. On the plus side the ac that got damaged in the fire last year is fixed and working again so at least I'm cool while swearing profusely.
You'd imagine them things would have been spotted on pre season maintenance.

Silage harvesters blowing belts is nothing new. At a grand a pop I don't know anyone who just casually change them and the newer bigger harvesters are probably a lot more. And I do check the belts and I thought they were ok. The joys of old machinery I'm afraid.
How many acres has it picked this year

A fecking calf went over our pit last year. Left hundreds of holes in the polythene. No one died but i gave the calf a right kick in the arse
i had a beast run over a few years back and would you believe i only had to patch 3 or 4 holes :huh:

That’s some money for belts. Never though they could be in that league price wise.

Sowed grass seeds on top of dung here too.

Never grazed it though ? You sure that you're not from a more northerly county , also beginning with C ?
I used to pull the scraw of grass of with my hands .
Grass seeds or barley

Back