How long before lorry can go over the concrete

f140

Not sure if I will need to leave this job until the winter or not. I need to replace about 10ft of concrete on the drive into the yard as its all cracked. Its about 12ft wide. Milk lorry comes every 2nd day. If I poured it straight after the milk lorry came would it ever be fit for the lorry 48 hours later? Is there anything that can be added to the drastic to speed up drying?

Not sure if I will need to leave this job until the winter or not. I need to replace about 10ft of concrete on the drive into the yard as its all cracked. Its about 12ft wide. Milk lorry comes every 2nd day. If I poured it straight after the milk lorry came would it ever be fit for the lorry 48 hours later? Is there anything that can be added to the drastic to speed up drying?
Jepers I wouldn't
Can you borrow/hire thick road plates to lay onto of the concrete if you must do it

It would be a waste of concrete .
Leave it until winter , assuming that you stop milking .

Is there any way the lorry could cross a field to get ?
Or contact the lorry operator as maybe they have a extra long pump or pipe to get the milk out
You wont be the first to have needed to do it

Going through a field would be a no go really. I would imagine this could be 200ft away from the bulk tank so a fair distance of hosing needed. Its not the end of the world anyway waiting until December but the idea just came into my head to sort it out.
Is there any way the lorry could cross a field to get ?
Or contact the lorry operator as maybe they have a extra long pump or pipe to get the milk out
You wont be the first to have needed to do it

Going through a field would be a no go really. I would imagine this could be 200ft away from the bulk tank so a fair distance of hosing needed. Its not the end of the world anyway waiting until December but the idea just came into my head to sort it out.
Scoop full of scalpings then for the time being

28 days ideally, in farmer time that’s about a week...The higher the Newton strength the quicker it will reach strength but a 25 ton load would be a no go for me. It’s your money.

A buddy of mine used asphalt It was the drive pass the house too and needed something that could put up with the milk lorry

Other things to consider maybe would be will the lorry be driving straight over the new concrete or making a turn and how much of a load on it when it arrives to collect your milk.

My neighbours borrowed a long length of pipe from the dairy,it meant the tanker could be 100' away from the milk tank.

You can get accelerants added to the mix that speed up curing of the concrete, speak to your supplier and see what they say. They will probably have had experience of it in the past.

How wide is the total road. Hedge to hedge incl grass verge?

Do half lengthwise, sending the wagon down the verge for a while?

Long winded and a pain but...

Ask yoyre milk man has he a long pipe. My father drives milk lorries. We have often connected hoses and pumped milk upto 300ft across of recently laid concrete

If you really need to drive on it after 2 days pour something like a 50N concrete it will probably reach 25 or 30N strength after 2 days in this weater which would be the 28 day strength of what most people would be pouring. Be warned working with 50 N concrete will be diffcult to finish and work this time of year as it will go off FAST. To drive on after 2 days you would need be putting in an extra depth of concrete and meshing it as well with an a393 preferably. Also the ground underneath is just as important as the concrete when it comes to cracking. And it still might crack.

Back