Todays Photo

Only way I can start it is if someone flicks the decompression once I get it spinning,the last owner broke the starting handle trip mechanism,on the sixth revolution it was supposed to trip the decompression lever.
It could also be started with an air starter motor but this last couple of years it’s given up the ghost,it needed 400psi by rights but if I connected up the road compressor and used the decompression it would start,it even had a cartridge start system but I’ve never found a cartridge to fit it.
I’m in the process of rigging up a hydraulic motor onto the starting handle,mainly because a pto turns the wrong way and a hydraulic motor would be a bit safer.
Front PTO turn right way?

Only way I can start it is if someone flicks the decompression once I get it spinning,the last owner broke the starting handle trip mechanism,on the sixth revolution it was supposed to trip the decompression lever.
It could also be started with an air starter motor but this last couple of years it’s given up the ghost,it needed 400psi by rights but if I connected up the road compressor and used the decompression it would start,it even had a cartridge start system but I’ve never found a cartridge to fit it.
I’m in the process of rigging up a hydraulic motor onto the starting handle,mainly because a pto turns the wrong way and a hydraulic motor would be a bit safer.
How big should the cartridge be?
I'm guessing you've tried a 12 bore blank?!

Messing with cartridges at 15 year old I stuck one in the vice and hit it with a hammer 🙈feck the hammer flew out of my hand with the recoil and I shot a hole in the wall.😂
At least you were smart enough to have it pointing away from ya

Messing with cartridges at 15 year old I stuck one in the vice and hit it with a hammer 🙈feck the hammer flew out of my hand with the recoil and I shot a hole in the wall.😂
I laughed out loud at this, did the same myself around that age, I ran a Stanley knife around the plastic housing to remove the pellets ( real safety conscious ) . same as that , shot dot punch and hammer into the next parish 😂. If it were now we'd be locked up 😆

I never blew one up. But did open one up with a knife.
I put the powder into a little bag, had ideas of experimentation with it.

But had cold feet and wound up burrying all the evidence in a ploughed field!😅
I filled a fag with gunpowder and gave it my mate at the Friday night disco,it did a good job on his 90s haircut.😂

I’m still pissing about with gunpowder,messing with remote lighters for crow bangers this morning.🤪

One of the lads in school wasn’t happy with your normal banger(firework type) and thought he’d make a big one, opened up a few a had the powder from 4/5 on a page, decided to see how quick it would light, hole lot flashed in his face a burnt his eyebrows, lashes and some of the fringe clean off. He was lucky got away with just having a shiney face covered in cream for about 3/4 weeks after

Back