Silage 2021

But if you don’t leave tracks 2ft deep, hows the farmer gonna know where the wet spot are to drain later on. It’s a extra service contractor provide free of charge.

But if you don’t leave tracks 2ft deep, hows the farmer gonna know where the wet spot are to drain later on. It’s a extra service contractor provide free of charge.
No need to pay for a man with divining hands

Change of pace today 😥

Attachments

• 4475ECBB-D929-4DF1-9BD5-EAC2F1B67681.jpeg
    4475ECBB-D929-4DF1-9BD5-EAC2F1B67681.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 149
where would I start :cursing: :rolleyes:, another big bug bear for me, is those tight turns with trailers in the middle of fields. is it cool to be able to turn in as tight a radius as possible
Trailers don’t leave half the mess a self propelled does screwing around on the headland.🤬

Trailers don’t leave half the mess a self propelled does screwing around on the headland.🤬
That must be down to a driver that pushes the stick and makes the inside wheel spin then sits waiting at the row for the trailer to catch up, steering axles on the trailers here, don't leave a mark.

That must be down to a driver that pushes the stick and makes the inside wheel spin then sits waiting at the row for the trailer to catch up, steering axles on the trailers here, don't leave a mark.
I should knock an acre off for every one I see….

Mowed a few paddocks Friday eve/Saturday morn, only turned one as it was fairly clean and a good bit heavier the rest were light and random bits of cow dung here and there so said we would bale straight after the mower today. It had dried to near snuff and chasing 10fts in 4bale an acre crop is some pain. Wished after I’d just raked the dam thing 😤
BCC1C40B-386C-4447-9E16-71693BE89D55.jpeg
5C0AC3FC-3856-472A-8A8F-C31832A0D9BB.jpeg
779CE233-A399-44BB-815A-7C9C8A34063C.jpeg
41EB7FB0-3D94-4E2B-B4D6-629581F3D5D3.jpeg
25EA694E-CCFD-420F-A318-DC9473FDBEC6.jpeg

Last edited:
@jcb411abuser did you ever look at the ag bags for making silage, https://www.agbag.co.uk/ are they any good, I would imagine the biggest issue would be emptying them. I see a few on An Grainan Estate
Emptying was what put us off anyway. And well another issue that may or may not be an issue is a walk down along one with a pen knife would be a very costly disaster.
There is an Italian company I think selling an unloader for forage bag now too though.
Didn't see the ones in an grianan

Emptying was what put us off anyway. And well another issue that may or may not be an issue is a walk down along one with a pen knife would be a very costly disaster.
There is an Italian company I think selling an unloader for forage bag now too though.
Didn't see the ones in an grianan
I would say they are only there a week at the most, the silage ground is freshly cut

I've been lucky enough this season so far to have some fairly large pieces of kit in front of the lenses but the one that really sticks is this Claas Jag 800 I snapped yesterday work. Nothing short of a pure and utter gem of a machine. View attachment 93242View attachment 93243
There wasn't too many of them around , mostly 690/695s here. The 800 was a bit of an odd ball in the range, transverse engine instead of longitudinal in the 600s.

Back