Mchale vs Welger

Wouldn't have thought so, one roll doesn't do the full width of the bale unless there be enough overlap between the 2 rolls to get 60 + bales as you said but then the outer edges might lack a bit of plastic unless I'm missing something
2 rolls doing barrel does 150 bales at 3 layers and 2 rolls wrapping do 62

I torqued the slip clutch on my fusion, I’ll either bale all or break all I’ll keep ye updated, so far it’s like a new machine

I torqued the slip clutch on my fusion, I’ll either bale all or break all I’ll keep ye updated, so far it’s like a new machine
Dont kno how lads bale with them without adjusting them. You might break the odd knive now. I dont think il have to adjust slip clutch on the new baler with 1000 speed gearbox. Its in a different league

Dont kno how lads bale with them without adjusting them. You might break the odd knive now. I dont think il have to adjust slip clutch on the new baler with 1000 speed gearbox. Its in a different league
I was half afraid of it today to be honest, it’s like a new machine. Iv heard alright the 1000 speed are the way to go, hopefully change the F2 the end of this year if all goes okay

In what way are they ahead of the 540s?

Going to look at a Mchale 5600 tomorrow if I can .Anything to watch out for?What are they like in dry straw.How would people find them compared to a Welger. All opinions greatly welcome

Going to look at a Mchale 5600 tomorrow if I can .Anything to watch out for?What are they like in dry straw.How would people find them compared to a Welger. All opinions greatly welcome
That's a big change for you lads is it? Did you buy?

Wouldn’t know anything about Mchale or a 5600 but the usual, rollers, chains, sprockets make sure teeth aren’t pulled, the pickup is tight no cam bearings gone and ruining the cam, after that your only going on overall condition

Would make sure the tractor has power beyond. Them balers are fully automatic as far as I'm aware.

What's fully automatic in them? Open and close itself? Any other differences?
Everything is ran through the control box on them, so rather than on a 5500 where you hold a button then work the spool for say the drop floor or knives you just press the button on a 5600 control box and it moves everything, door, pickup, drop floor and knives. Can run them in full auto so once the buzzer goes all you have to do is stop and wait for the door to shut again or manual eject where you have to press the button to open the door.

Everything is ran through the control box on them, so rather than on a 5500 where you hold a button then work the spool for say the drop floor or knives you just press the button on a 5600 control box and it moves everything, door, pickup, drop floor and knives. Can run them in full auto so once the buzzer goes all you have to do is stop and wait for the door to shut again or manual eject where you have to press the button to open the door.
Do all the fusions work like that too I assume? Or are there different options

Do all the fusions work like that too I assume? Or are there different options
I’m actually not sure if the pickup is through box or a separate spool! Thought it was all through box but if the fusion is separate I’d imagine the standard balers the same! Never been near either just the 5500 but we were talking to the guys about the 5600 when we were down looking at the 55

I’m actually not sure if the pickup is through box or a separate spool! Thought it was all through box but if the fusion is separate I’d imagine the standard balers the same! Never been near either just the 5500 but we were talking to the guys about the 5600 when we were down looking at the 55
Cheers. I don't think I'll ever need to know anyway, just curious about it

Back