Standing seam metal roof sheeting

josh

Moderator/IT Guy
I'm pricing up standing seam metal roof sheeting for a project at the moment. Could anyone recommend a supplier they have used before? There seems to be a big variance in the price of it too.

Eqc will supply it, I’m sure they provide training on the installation aswell however that will work with COVID now. I was going to use it for a section of the roof on my own house but decided to use ordinary corrugated instead happy enough with the out come.

Eqc will supply it, I’m sure they provide training on the installation aswell however that will work with COVID now. I was going to use it for a section of the roof on my own house but decided to use ordinary corrugated instead happy enough with the out come.
That's right, they are quoting €39 a square metre + vat.
What flashings did you use? I'm pricing up the corrugated also, seems to be a fair bit cheaper for the same material thickness. I'll be going with 0.7mm.

It’s gas what they can charge when they put architectural in front of a product. If your looking for any good tutorial videos online RR Buildings on YouTube has a good few installation videos on standing seam roofing. It was more by accident than design I used the corrugated here I put up corrugated I had left over from a job on the one side just to keep the rain out whiles I was getting up to speed on the standing seam and kinda liked it then. It in the middle joining between two slate roofs so there are valleys on both sides so if I used standing seam it would have to be hemmed and the rep I was talking to didn’t have a clue of how to do it.

Reactions: AYF
Having taken a look at the various options of standing seam sheeting, I'm not happy with how they recommend to install it. There is no air gap between the breathable membrane and the steel sheeting. That sarking board/osb/ply will be mush in 15 years. The breathable membrane won't be getting any favours with the heat transfer either. I can see why they recommend to install it that way, due to the need for support underneath.

I'll go down the corrugated route I think, as that will give the most strength and should last a good length of time with minimal maintenance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-16 at 21.14.36.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-16 at 21.14.36.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 23
Back