Covid 19

1200 new cases today and hospitalisation cases up by 33% in 7 days. It's getting out of control very fast. What will it be like at the end of the month? I suspect that there will be serious consideration given to the reopening of indoor dining

😳

1200 new cases today and hospitalisation cases up by 33% in 7 days. It's getting out of control very fast. What will it be like at the end of the month? I suspect that there will be serious consideration given to the reopening of indoor dining

50000 cases announced in the UK today .
A blazing weekend like this will result in thronged beaches etc

A good few cases locally around here, was never as many I'd say. Hope to god these vaccines are effective.

Donnelly gave a bleak forecast earlier. a lot of people about here last few days , mostly day trippers I'd say, or else stopping off while heading west.

Mostly young couples with kids.

we've a long road ahead yet unfortunately,

Yeah it’s rampant in Collon and Ardee, not good for the area. There doing over 400 walk-in tests a day at test centre

There will, and the uk will probably be in full lockdown again in 5 or 6 weeks time!
I doubt it, tbh. The majority of the vulnerable population is either dead or vaccinated so the Government seems happy to try out for herd immunity with the remaining population without asking them if they want to go that way or not.

The spillover here could get very rough yet, seeing as August around here seems to bring large numbers of UK visitors for a couple of weeks :sad:

I read a great summary of the uk or maybe more accurately English official response to covid recently.

La la la laaaa, PANIC PANIC PANIC. La la la laaaa, PANIC PANIC PANIC. La la la laaaa, PANIC PANIC PANIC. La la la laaaa, PANIC PANIC PANIC. La la la laaaa, PANIC PANIC PANIC.......

So given we are seeing a repeat of last summer's approach in the uk I wouldn't be surprised if we see similar consequences.

Here? Who knows? The youngsters have to a large extent followed the rules and now that the rules are being relaxed they're doing what youngsters do.

In hindsight the vaccine rollout should maybe have worked back from 85+ to 40ish and stopped then started from 16 upwards.

Most vulnerable first, then most likely to get infected, and leave the people in their thirties who have been enjoying the peace of not being able to go places until last.

We'll know for the next pandemic

I’m on my holidays didn’t even leave my county no masks around anymore having a pint outside the pub now on my own inside the pub is jointed

Back