Tractor Runs & Events

Silage Day in West Cork recently
🎬

Subscribe to the YouTube Channel for more videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCipYha3c5cpr_jwRbfJJZEg

@gone @Bog Man were Sherrards in Carlow at one stage, down in the Haymarket, later Delaneys and Pressure Hydraulics and now a high rise eyesore?
They were. Des Leybourne bought a Combine a forage harvester a small square Baler off them . Joe Mcdonell was the manager. If you wanted after hours service he was to be found in the bar at the golf club. Did Keenan’s end up owning Sherrads ??

Attachments

• FD93EAE2-5162-41BE-BA7C-32B631DCB22A.jpeg
    FD93EAE2-5162-41BE-BA7C-32B631DCB22A.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 9940577D-A689-4168-9B48-BF561AA1657E.jpeg
    9940577D-A689-4168-9B48-BF561AA1657E.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 29
  • D2F42808-9A5D-4DD4-A13B-343C363836D8.jpeg
    D2F42808-9A5D-4DD4-A13B-343C363836D8.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 36
They were. Des Leybourne bought a Combine a forage harvester a small square Baler off them . Joe Mcdonell was the manager. If you wanted after hours service he was to be found in the bar at the golf club. Did Keenan’s end up owning Sherrads ??
Now that you mention it, I remember someone talking about some connection or other.

You weren't getting your hands dirty .

When did Sherrards finish up , 81 82 ish ?

Bryans have some of it as well. Not sure who owns the other bit, its changed hands a few times.
Geary?
Kingston had a bit as well according to my old man. Where the athletics club is. O'Mahony with the tracked claas rents a bit beside the plant hire yard

Geary bought lynches bit. Kingston sold the bit that the athletics club , the plant hire and where o mahony rents. Roberts bought the yard, i dont know who bought the land. O mahony could of done with tracks on the tractor when topdressing the barley back in the spring, some fine trenches made!!!!!
Rumour has it that burke is your new neighbour.
You sure? Rumour had it our acquaintance with the runaway trailer was buying it a few months ago but nothing happened

Heard it about a fortnight ago. Yerman with the runaway bale trailer is rumoured to have a farm bought near bandon. Hes on the hunt for farm for a while now, a few stories about that as well but cant mention here!!! Hes selling 3 bits of land and a house in carrigaline. That could be to fund car purchases too, theres been 2 cars crashed since the episode with the tanker!!!
the big farm in bandon is sold to someone from carrigaline afaik big bucks too

Keenans bought Sherrards in 1976 and the whole lot went wallop in 1982. My father was working for Keenans at the time.
I had the first year of my apprenticeship done in Anco and was in Keenans for work experience and they were giving me a job after the Christmas but AIB got their hands on the place before that. There was some amount of stuff disappeared out of the place when the announcement was made.

I had the first year of my apprenticeship done in Anco and was in Keenans for work experience and they were giving me a job after the Christmas but AIB got their hands on the place before that. There was some amount of stuff disappeared out of the place when the announcement was made.
The father always said they would have traded out of the difficulties no problem but the bank pulled the plug.

Back