The youth of today, grumpy old men and nice women.

We have brilliant plumbers that do work for us .They replaced an electric shower for us and it only took him about twenty minutes . They are usually able to call out the next day .He has five vans on the road . Unfortunately our electrician died and it is proving hard to get one that will turn a blind eye to dodgy wiring and obsolete control panels .

We have brilliant plumbers that do work for us .They replaced an electric shower for us and it only took him about twenty minutes . They are usually able to call out the next day .He has five vans on the road . Unfortunately our electrician died and it is proving hard to get one that will turn a blind eye to dodgy wiring and obsolete control panels .
Was it LB that did the electrical? My father blamed him for every ugly cable in the place. Noone to place any blame on now though.

Was it LB that did the electrical? My father blamed him for every ugly cable in the place. Noone to place any blame on now though.
It was . He was great at working out the old electrics on the drier . When a analogue timer failed he made up a digital one did the same job . He understood the mechanics of it which was a help .

It was . He was great at working out the old electrics on the drier . When a analogue timer failed he made up a digital one did the same job . He understood the mechanics of it which was a help .
Ah he had a terrific brain. He designed and built all kinds of panels over the years, some of them incredibly complicated. He enjoyed going out to Iraq in later years doing the turbines and such. An odd guy in many ways (maybe it runs in the family 🤣) but very talented and a very genuine person.

You wouldn’t believe the hardship paper work wise been a electrical contractor,
Maybe it’s time to upgrade your dodgy installation

Waiting on 3 different lads to fix the roof of my house.
Oh don’t talk to me about roofers, had 6 different ones here over a year ago after wind damage from a storm. None of them would fix it. And we were hoping to use one of them for a full reroof, I got so pissed off with them and mad quotes and booking days off work with no shows that I hired a cherry picker and did it myself. Shit that they’d leave you in that situation 🤬🤬🤬

You wouldn’t believe the hardship paper work wise been a electrical contractor,
Maybe it’s time to upgrade your dodgy installation
I trusted Liam at the electrics and he was able to sort out what was safe and working and what needed to be upgraded . This nonsense of doing a job and then having to write a story about it will have to stop . If it is done right there is no need to write a story about it .

The problem now is we can be held responsible for that dodgy wiring

I trusted Liam at the electrics and he was able to sort out what was safe and working and what needed to be upgraded . This nonsense of doing a job and then having to write a story about it will have to stop . If it is done right there is no need to write a story about it .
The problem is , once a registered electrician touches your installation, he /her is responsible for it , unless a hazard warning notice is given to customer and one sent to reci, which takes the responsibility of the contractor,
Every bit of paper work I signed is traceable back to my work , if any thing goes wrong
Im not going to get into a argument with you about it ,
That’s the way things are done now

We had to get a new enclosure too. Sloping walls too. He put vinyl on the walls

Attachments

• IMG-20210827-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20210827-WA0004.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 91
The problem is , once a registered electrician touches your installation, he /her is responsible for it , unless a hazard warning notice is given to customer and one sent to reci, which takes the responsibility of the contractor,
Every bit of paper work I signed is traceable back to my work , if any thing goes wrong
Im not going to get into a argument with you about it ,
That’s the way things are done now
The paper work is about allocating responsibility and not about providing a good service. It is an English idea . I prefer the Guild system where you go to the Guild if you are not happy with the work. No paperwork involved. One register for security gates and another for cameras is a nonsense. There is a shortage of industrial electricians.

The paper work is about allocating responsibility and not about providing a good service. It is an English idea . I prefer the Guild system where you go to the Guild if you are not happy with the work. No paperwork involved. One register for security gates and another for cameras is a nonsense. There is a shortage of industrial electricians.
It’s only going to get worse I’m afraid, from what I see in the pipe line

I fitted a new shower here a couple of weeks since,it replaced the one I fitted 18 years ago.

There’s certainly a lot of work for odd job men in our locality,nobody seems to be able anymore.
It is illegal to do electrical work in bathrooms over here.

Back