Milking parlour

I only do relief milking but the majority of mine have the big heavy Delaval cluster and its like a holiday going to the light modern dairymaster ones
Used the nylon delaval clusters recently and they're exceptionally light. Only concern would be not milking out properly but these were with big milky Holsteins so obviously not an issue

Slightly off topic Somedays I am getting aches in my hands and forearm ,are lightweight cluster/claws any advantage

Get yourself a pair of these .
I bought them to prolong the life of an apron with shagged cuffs , but there is savage support in them . Try before you buy , as there are several sizes. Roll them on .
20210416_200947.jpg

Whelan1 and the farming lad are ye milking through the jars ? Also have ye automatic washers .
Well ya it's peak I am on about and in the spring time,this time of year is roughly 1 hour to milk and half an hour to wash up .

Milk through the jars and keep any ones that have to keep during milking. No automatic wash but I'd be powerwashing while the machine is washing

I don’t know! Probably makes sense if you do
We had the weight in the clusters in our old plant. I remember it wasn't just a case of taking out the weight and off you go, something else had to be done also. The lighter units we have now are a gift

We had the weight in the clusters in our old plant. I remember it wasn't just a case of taking out the weight and off you go, something else had to be done also. The lighter units we have now are a gift
I still have the weights in mine I’d like to try a lighter cluster but the ones I have are going well and don’t want to mess with them.

Slightly off topic Somedays I am getting aches in my hands and forearm ,are lightweight cluster/claws any advantage
Had heavy dairymaster old type clusters up to 3 years ago changed them all to milkrite one spring and now i go to milk in any other parlour and every cluster feels heavy , the milkrites are the business and not overly expensive for what they are. Heard lads saying vaccuum needs to be adjusted alright but we never touched ours and everything scc etc has been fine

Do you swap over your hands for each round, Green Grass? I used to need forearm support for milking but I did the FRS milking course and haven't had a problem since. Equal use of both arms is second nature now so might be worth a try?
Could never get used to cupping with my left hand, cupping with right is fine on right hand side but end up hooking my arm around the cows back leg to cup her front teats. Have to be very careful with cranky heifers

Could never get used to cupping with my left hand, cupping with right is fine on right hand side but end up hooking my arm around the cows back leg to cup her front teats. Have to be very careful with cranky heifers
It takes a while to change to a better way of doing things. My elbows used be raw and on fire until the cows were dried off and then bad again from April on.

3 of mine milk here and the second lad refuses to use his left hand, it looks awkward to me now but it's his choice, I can only show him so much.

It takes a while to change to a better way of doing things. My elbows used be raw and on fire until the cows were dried off and then bad again from April on.

3 of mine milk here and the second lad refuses to use his left hand, it looks awkward to me now but it's his choice, I can only show him so much.
I have no doubt it's quicker. Would also result in not having to contort my arm to cup her back right hand teat. Lack of patience is the issue. I try it but find it too slow in comparrison to the other way and just switch back.

I have no doubt it's quicker. Would also result in not having to contort my arm to cup her back right hand teat. Lack of patience is the issue. I try it but find it too slow in comparrison to the other way and just switch back.
Good habits take a bit of time to get ingrained into being automatic, I think. I was the same, I really had to think about how I milked for a few months after I started. Especially if I was tired, I used go back to the old way but now it's automatic to put them on the new way.

If I have to go at a stretch to put on a unit after one of them kicking it off, it feels very strange to use my hands the opposite way now.

Heard good reports on milkrite liners. Using silclear liners here for over 20 years. Polycarbonate shells on them. Cows milk out no problem with them. Current scc is 65. We usually change liners after 5/6years.
Any pics?

Heard good reports on milkrite liners. Using silclear liners here for over 20 years. Polycarbonate shells on them. Cows milk out no problem with them. Current scc is 65. We usually change liners after 5/6years.
I bought milkrite liners on recommendation and they were a disaster,milkrite replaced the 1st set foc and the second set were just as bad,I use dairy spares liners (used to be Kingston Somerset) they last just as well as genuine liners definitely better than Waikato liners.
Silicone/silclear have always been rated as the best,I’m just too tight to buy them.

Whelan1 and the farming lad are ye milking through the jars ? Also have ye automatic washers .
Well ya it's peak I am on about and in the spring time,this time of year is roughly 1 hour to milk and half an hour to wash up .
No i dont milk through the jars but i do put 4-5 units on transfer as they finish milking so by the time i take off cluster it is already empty. i keep flipping switches ahead of me. I have a autowasher that i never hooked up plus cluster removers which i never bothered hooking up either. My plan was if i went to 20 units (20 unit pit) then i would hook up existing cluster removers.

The last set of silclear liners we had in for over 5 years. We would normally have 7/8 lines of cows. So lets do the maths
7 lines × twice a day milking x 300 day lactation x 5 years = 21000 milkings. (7×2×300×5=21000) we have had sets last over 6 years and were still in good order but were getting stained looking.
How many sets of liners would you of put in that period?
I did 8500 milkings on the last set,they were £16/set gone up to £18 now.☹️

Question for lad`s with delaval parlour`s any of ye having issue`s with this control panel. Especially if new panel fitted in the last 3 months .

ACR_5000_Front_Panel.jpg

Question for lad`s with delaval parlour`s any of ye having issue`s with this control panel. Especially if new panel fitted in the last 3 months .

ACR_5000_Front_Panel.jpg
Have relief milked in a parlour with these. In over a year or maybe two, haven't heard of any issues but haven't been in it in the past few months.
Whats the hassle?

Alway`s seem`s to be on of them acting up /dying . Most recent issue is had one go in november and the on seventh new replacment for it now . One board lasted 6 round`s after been replaced when it died . Story been told is bad batch of board`s made but going on too long now .
Have relief milked in a parlour with these. In over a year or maybe two, haven't heard of any issues but haven't been in it in the past few months.
Whats the hassle?

Back