hedgecutting

Got the hedgecutter on today & did a bit, first time really using it.
Takes a bit of getting used to & the mesh guard has a weird effect on me every so often after using it for a while.

View attachment 96736

View attachment 96747

View attachment 96742

Whoops :oops:

View attachment 96740
Oh the joys of hedgecutting....if your mesh was painted Matt black it might be easier seen through. One sheet of mesh might be enough instead of two on top of each other. I only have the door covered on mine, not the side window as I broke the door once without any guards. Window is surviving well.

I was going to buy a sheet of 1" galvanised mesh but had a couple bits of this 2" so decided to see how I got on with them first as I'd heard some people couldn't cope with the mesh, I was also put of the galv as it had a very shiny finish rather than the dull coating I had seen previously.

As mentioned it doesn't look as bad as in the picture to see through & most of the time I'm not affected looking through it. Black would probably be better than the white alright though I'd say.
Any contractor with a hedgecutter guard I've seen has 1" mesh.

I'll carry on with what I've got for now & see how I get on.

Oh the joys of hedgecutting....if your mesh was painted Matt black it might be easier seen through. One sheet of mesh might be enough instead of two on top of each other. I only have the door covered on mine, not the side window as I broke the door once without any guards. Window is surviving well.
Same here

Has anyone got a dipstick on the reduction gearbox of their McConnell? I'm sure I have enough oil in it but there's no level plug and the filler is too high to be a level.
20210920_150740.jpg

A real marmite tractor,personally I loved mine,on the hedger it had great vision.

Not so sure I’d go out with a hedger on the 1st tractor I owned🙈a Fordson Power major.
Brave man going without any personal protection against flying material.

Back