Another low roof tractor loader thread...

josh

Moderator/IT Guy
I'm looking for a loader tractor that is 3 metres high at most, preferably lower. I'll be going back the years, max budget is €25k including vat. What are my options?

3 metres is a lot. our workshop door is 2.65 and having looked at a lot of specs over the years there's a lot of tractors between that and 2.8m tall.

A super Q TW35 is under 3m tall for example.

There was a new Holland ts115 new Holland here and it would be very tight. I think it was on 520/85/R38.

I could be wrong on that, I'm not hugely up to speed on the various profiles but it certainly sat tall.
I had a couple of 150hp tractors that were on 520/85R38's new and they were somewhere under 9ft from memory.

I had a couple of 150hp tractors that were on 520/85R38's new and they were somewhere under 9ft from memory.
My bad, found a picture and they are 520/70/R38. The exhaust was the highest part of the tractor and I was afraid of tipping it off the shed roof at the time. It doesn't help when there is flat steel running at 45 degrees from the wall plate down to the uprights. I'm thinking of a way to remove them without compromising the structural integrity of the shed.

2nd hand prices are climbing rapidly.

At €25k in you are looking for a clean ready to work machine, probably 20 years of age for one of the ‘mainstream’ brands (NH TS110, JD 6410, MF 6265 etc) or perhaps a slightly younger machine if you consider others such as the Landini, Deutz or Claas etc.

Personally i would try to find a TS110 with an SLE ‘box as it has the L/H shuttle, buy it on condition rather than hours as they are capable of doing plenty. In an ideal world one without a loader and try and pick one up secondhand to fit if you really need one.

It'll only need to be that height the first time you drive in, after that it'll take a normal height tractor :thumbup:
That's a very good point, either that or I'll become the headless horseman :laugh:

2nd hand prices are climbing rapidly.

At €25k in you are looking for a clean ready to work machine, probably 20 years of age for one of the ‘mainstream’ brands (NH TS110, JD 6410, MF 6265 etc) or perhaps a slightly younger machine if you consider others such as the Landini, Deutz or Claas etc.

Personally i would try to find a TS110 with an SLE ‘box as it has the L/H shuttle, buy it on condition rather than hours as they are capable of doing plenty. In an ideal world one without a loader and try and pick one up secondhand to fit if you really need one.

That seems to be the case alright.

Happier to go with proven mainstream brands for backup and parts availability.

What are the TL tractors like? They seem a bit lower than the TS series. Fiat based vs Ford based but don't know the differences apart from that.

I hear you on the buying of a loader separate, ideally the way to go but depends on what comes up too.

That's a very good point, either that or I'll become the headless horseman :laugh:

That seems to be the case alright.

Happier to go with proven mainstream brands for backup and parts availability.

What are the TL tractors like? They seem a bit lower than the TS series. Fiat based vs Ford based but don't know the differences apart from that.

I hear you on the buying of a loader separate, ideally the way to go but depends on what comes up too.
TL tractors are great machines, i actually have more experience with the 35 series that went before it, spec for spec and condition for condition you’ll probably end up paying more for a TL than a TS.

No option of electrocommand on a TL and that would be reason enough for me to jump straight to the TS

Landini Vision 105 as late of one as you can get.

I'd suggest a Landini Legend either but not the most practical in your circumstances I'd imagine!

What height is that tractor?
I wouldn't positive because there were 6 cab heights available on them, but if on 16.9r34s most of those Hivis cabs were just under 2.7M, but could be gotten with the lowered cab floor. With it only having 2 steps I think it has the lowered cab, I would guess around 2.6M, but a measuring tape is really the only way to be sure.

Back