Landini tractors

Saw one last week, a 170 or something like that, they're a big lump of a tractor.

They are a fine tractor but I dont know if you get one in simple spec anymore.

There are a good few 6 series and 5 series around here but none of these yet.

I also see that the new 5 series is gone to FPT engines as well from Deutz.

They are a fine tractor but I dont know if you get one in simple spec anymore.

There are a good few 6 series and 5 series around here but none of these yet.

I also see that the new 5 series is gone to FPT engines as well from Deutz.
Great engine

Expand this theory..........

Legends came out in Top and Techno spec, former electric lift etc, latter pure levers.

Many of the latter still on the go with colossal hours.

They did make improvements on the second generation and TDI models but still not as reliable as the ones that went before.

Those Powermax could actually be a McCormick in drag now that I think of it.

Legends came out in Top and Techno spec, former electric lift etc, latter pure levers.

Many of the latter still on the go with colossal hours.

They did make improvements on the second generation and TDI models but still not as reliable as the ones that went before.

Those Powermax could actually be a McCormick in drag now that I think of it.
Were the Legends not an older range than the one in the link?

Good summary here.

Basically the Landpower replaced the Legend which had several specs with the Powermax being one spec and as I thought I think that's the Case gearbox in it.

I personally like that landini have come out of the fog somewhat with regards electronics. If they get the design or looks sorted then perhaps in due course the blizzard might not be the last landini here. I shared a picture here before I think of a 7 210 model with much sharper lines and black rims and I thought it looked a smashing looking tractor.

I personally like that landini have come out of the fog somewhat with regards electronics. If they get the design or looks sorted then perhaps in due course the blizzard might not be the last landini here. I shared a picture here before I think of a 7 210 model with much sharper lines and black rims and I thought it looked a smashing looking tractor.
ZF backend, FPT engine, what's not to like.
The cab is very cramped, but I never mind a small cab.
But I would worry about their importer/dealers and backup??
Hard to see me moving from MF, great local dealer here now and great national backup.

Hard to see me moving from MF, great local dealer here now and great national backup.

Agree on dealers and availability of parts. We needed a few bits for the 9880 lately and none of the dealers had them on the shelves and didn't seem too fussed about ordering as we weren't a customer. We bought the tractor privately a good few years ago.

We tried an ex landini dealer who is now moved on to a different brand, had some and arranged for the remainder to be delivered directly to us from d&s.

Would certainly make you think twice if trading or buying a replacement.

MF are the main brand around here as well.. Whelans give good service I think and now Abbey in Nenagh aren't allowed sell new in Clare any more.

Dealers and backup wouldn't worry me quiet so much as 2nd hand value. I'd assume one of these new 7 series with the touch screen technology and such won't have a small price tag by any stretch. I'd be concerned that you'd be buying a premium priced machine but perhaps trading it in at X years or hours for a not premium price. I hope I'm wrong. I like the brand and I'd like to see them do well. Like yourself I'd be a firm MF man or perhaps I should say Agco seeing as there's 2 brands from them here but I'd never say never if landini prove to have a winning product.

from where i stand , Landini seem to be expanding ?

at least one of the Brogans has a Landini dealership along with the Tumosan and Zetor ?

Back