Older diggers for farm use

A relation has one,it’s defo not a Clarke box,he had to get someone to make parts for it.
A barn builder had a late one which i thought was a clarke, i must be wrong then. The Chrysler is a 3 fwd 1 rev and it wasn't one of those! God knows with matbro, twin disc or something??

There is one of them a mile from here this past 18 months . I havent seen it . The owner describes the skid unit as a "Backways 50 HX ". I must ramble over for a look.
I worked on a large farm 20 years ago with a mf 25 loader, it was turbo and as good as any machine, what I really liked about it was the large wheel on the heavy end was a lot bigger than the teleportor of modern times and you had better traction on a field

A barn builder had a late one which i thought was a clarke, i must be wrong then. The Chrysler is a 3 fwd 1 rev and it wasn't one of those! God knows with matbro, twin disc or something??
I’ll have look next time I’m near it,I do try and avoid it though,the engines about the best bit on it,an industrial Ford engine.

What is this yoke?

A 484 industrial?

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsiZml0IjoiaW5zaWRlIiwid2lkdGgiOjEyMDAsImhlaWdodCI6MTIwMH19LCJrZXkiOiJwaG90b18xODQ3MjM1NTgifQ==

I hadn't my glasses on the 1st time I looked... missed the ad bit . Just got the main picture.
It could be either a 484 or 5 .
Manitou marketed 1 version as a Manitool.

The competitor to the MF30e I imagine.

On those MF's what is their lift capacity and the max height?

The competitor to the MF30e I imagine.

I wouldn't know , on either question .
30E is very lively , quick enough on Hyds. Not as maneuverable as a JCB 2 CX , but big difference in the money between them . Low ground clearance though , as only on 14.9 x 24s . Not huge reach height wise on either the 30E or the 2cx .
The 50 here will lift a pallet of fertiliser , 2 ton , whereas the Rossmore is nearly there with 1 ton .

Being an industrial, I would think the 30e has decent lift capacity (could well be 1.5 ton) as it is a little MF250 underneath, you would imagine they wouldnt be the steadiest with a heavy load on though

Far from perfect but a lot of digger for five grand
Dad is tempted by it. Tbf it doesn't help the 2 hymacs are going so we are without some diggers. Other issue is the buckets, hymac pins are much bigger than on any other backhoe you'd come across

Dad is tempted by it. Tbf it doesn't help the 2 hymacs are going so we are without some diggers. Other issue is the buckets, hymac pins are much bigger than on any other backhoe you'd come across
He must have gotten very fond of it so 😂 ad is now gone

Reactions: AYF

If the Hymacs are running , lifting and digging , for digging an odd gate post hole etc , they are worth more to you than anyone else . Probably get their scrap weight price , so something like 7 or 7.5 tons x 150 per ton . That won't go far .

Reactions: c4l
If the Hymacs are running , lifting and digging , for digging an odd gate post hole etc , they are worth more to you than anyone else . Probably get their scrap weight price , so something like 7 or 7.5 tons x 150 per ton . That won't go far .
both are running. not being sold for scrap either (bit the bullet too early on something). he figured he might as well find something a bit newer like a late 80s early 90s 3cx or ford or case (he's not a fan of the 50ex/hx). something you can stick a bale grab or spike onto as well if needed

Unusual enough one here I would think MF865 , I didnt think servos were available in them back then

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsiZml0IjoiaW5zaWRlIiwid2lkdGgiOjEyMDAsImhlaWdodCI6MTIwMH19LCJrZXkiOiJwaG90b18xOTQ4NjQ4NTQifQ==
Tidy looking and interesting with the servos but is that not a hell of a lot of money at almost €23k for the age and hours on it?

Tidy looking and interesting with the servos but is that not a hell of a lot of money at almost €23k for the age and hours on it?
It would want to be mint with low hours for that money you would think
Given the lack of decals I presume thats not original paint either.
The way machinery prices are gone though, and scarcity issues, who knows, he may get close to it.

Back