Tipper trailers

Yeah, I was looking to upgrade from 10x6 to 14x8 dropside tipper, price is steep enough but with a 12 month wait I'll park that idea!, not sure what's going on in this country at the moment, lots of people on the pup etc but not enough workers to build things!
I dont know if that's the case at all. I know a lad who was waiting from the middle of July to last week for a low loader from hogg engineering and yet when grassmen ordered one off the same company they seemed to have it made in less than a month. He paid them for the trailer 2 weeks ago and the day after he paid them they wouldn't answer the phone to him at all. Talk about sheer ignorance, I wouldn't be recommending the crowd anytime soon.

I dont know if that's the case at all. I know a lad who was waiting from the middle of July to last week for a low loader from hogg engineering and yet when grassmen ordered one off the same company they seemed to have it made in less than a month. He paid them for the trailer 2 weeks ago and the day after he paid them they wouldn't answer the phone to him at all. Talk about sheer ignorance, I wouldn't be recommending the crowd anytime soon.
That's called free advertisement

That's called free advertisement
I still wouldn't have done that. I would have told them to wait like everyone else. the way they treated your man was nothing short of appalling. Telling him one week they have his axles and all and just have to spray the trailer and then telling him the next they haven't even started making it. a total circus, all id say is stay well away from them.

How do you know Grassmen got it within a month? I'd find it hard to believe that they were not talking about it for at least another month or 2 before that.

How do you know Grassmen got it within a month? I'd find it hard to believe that they were not talking about it for at least another month or 2 before that.
Because they only interviewed the crowd in July and there was only talk of a trailer around August when they seen one at some stand and then they had it for the Balmoral show.

I was saying here earlier between seed and feed, I had four figure sum.on the 12x7 today. My father commented that it cost 250 pounds when he bought it sometime in the early 60s.
The price of them has gone mental. Me uncle up the road has a 10x6 k&p chasis and ram, and a 12x7 rountree chasis and ram and he's been offered 500 euro each for them. total madness.

Back