Randomly Gone

Another job the Mag drill failed to do. Back to a standard twist drill and a file to get to the 30mm hole.
View attachment 98690View attachment 98691View attachment 98692View attachment 98693
Is that fairly thin plate? If so a lump of half inch steel behind it where the magnet clamps helps the magnet to hold, and drilling the centre mark with a stitcher leaves just the right hole for the centre pin and stops it wondering around. If you can avoid going all the way through with the stitcher the centre pin will still pop out the slug

Well impressed with the headlights, but they sent me the wrong work lights. They may be able to be fitted to a standard roof 4345, but definitely not to this one, wrong shape and wrong mountings. They will be fine on the Bateman, but back to the drawing board for the 4345.20211019_182747.jpg20211019_182752.jpg20211019_182756.jpg20211019_182813.jpg

A bit dear... you could say that alright.
The same ones?

The same ones?

Not the exact same, but very similar.

I couldn't find a LED light that would fit the original brackets so I went into the local MF garage and spent 30 minutes figuring out the correct MF replacement part, h3 halogen, and said I would ring with the number I wanted the following morning so they could go in on a stock order. Rang Thursday around noon to say I would take 4 of them, I got a call back in the early afternoon to ask which tractor I wanted the lights for, they had 2 options. I said that the head store man had written down the correct part number the evening before, but was told that they now had it narrowed down to 2 options. Again I tried to explain that I had looked at the computer and figured out the exact part number I wanted and can he order me 4 of them? Again he went back to what tractor are they going on, we have the light you want narrowed down to one of two part numbers. I lost my patience and told him to cancel the whole order and forget about it and hung up. I now going to bodge on good quality LEDs.
20211022_102736.jpg20211022_102743.jpg20211022_102750.jpg20211022_102803.jpg

I couldn't find a LED light that would fit the original brackets so I went into the local MF garage and spent 30 minutes figuring out the correct MF replacement part, h3 halogen, and said I would ring with the number I wanted the following morning so they could go in on a stock order. Rang Thursday around noon to say I would take 4 of them, I got a call back in the early afternoon to ask which tractor I wanted the lights for, they had 2 options. I said that the head store man had written down the correct part number the evening before, but was told that they now had it narrowed down to 2 options. Again I tried to explain that I had looked at the computer and figured out the exact part number I wanted and can he order me 4 of them? Again he went back to what tractor are they going on, we have the light you want narrowed down to one of two part numbers. I lost my patience and told him to cancel the whole order and forget about it and hung up. I now going to bodge on good quality LEDs.
don't tell me you took off the trim or was it gone already? will it not get ripped off there?

View attachment 98843View attachment 98844View attachment 98845View attachment 98846
Are they gone that bad over there? ffs

Are they gone that bad over there? ffs
I just fell between 2 stools, Wednesday evening I was talking to Gordon and figured out which lights I needed, the lower cab flat roof 4345 would be fairly uncommon. Thursday I was only talking to the other store man and foolishly told him to order them, seems he needed to check for himself.

Back