Nissan Quashqai

Bog Man

I have a 2014 Nissan Quashqai and it is showing Chassis Control system Fault . Apparently it can be rectified by taking off a sensor and running a wire down a narrow pipe to clean it out . The pipe runs down to the exhaust . Anyone see this done .???

All these emissions systems are ruining cars, and costing the motorist a fortune.

nice vid, popular engine so very handy
You can buy the pipe for reasonable money but it is difficult to replace . I have no confidence in the mechanics in the main Nissan dealers . Also there are some fundamental flaws in the electrics of the 2014 Quashqai . Low voltage is not indicated and when the Voltage drops due to alternator or battery troubles you get no warning . The engine will stop and handbrake will not work and steering will get very heavy .
Also if you accidently lock someone in the car they cannot get out of it . The same software for the locking system is in several other makes of car .
It is still a good car

You can buy the pipe for reasonable money but it is difficult to replace . I have no confidence in the mechanics in the main Nissan dealers . Also there are some fundamental flaws in the electrics of the 2014 Quashqai . Low voltage is not indicated and when the Voltage drops due to alternator or battery troubles you get no warning . The engine will stop and handbrake will not work and steering will get very heavy .
Also if you accidently lock someone in the car they cannot get out of it . The same software for the locking system is in several other makes of car .
It is still a good car
On some of 1.5dci engines, low voltage caused by alternator or battery troubles can set off an engine management light for injector fault which will limit the revs until the light is turned off by plugging it in. Still a good engine though with long proven reliability.

I agree with you about mechanics too in all the main dealers, computer says replace so that’s all they do and then bill you. Don’t know how to properly diagnose and fix things….

Like many cars, engine is good, it’s all the shite they bolt on it and around it that causes the problems 😉👍

We have the 1.6 diesel engine in a renault grand scenic which is in some of the quashqai's and had to get that pipe and sensor replaced recently. Fair bit of ripping to get it done. Here's the invoice from a local mechanic. The pipe was blocked solid, no wire would get down it. Even if the wire did get down, you would need to be careful not to damage the particulate filter.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 21.15.04.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 21.15.04.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 225
I agree with you about mechanics too in all the main dealers, computer says replace so that’s all they do and then bill you. Don’t know how to properly diagnose and fix things….

Like many cars, engine is good, it’s all the shite they bolt on it and around it that causes the problems 😉👍
Most of them are cat and alot of them are cowboys.
Not to derail the thread but my sister got her brakes done recently at a main dealers.
After a while she noticed shuddering in the steering wheel.
She brought it to them to check out. They gave her a list of things to be done and a quote for it not far off 5k.
Steering rack. brakes, bushings, wishbones. A new front end nearly. The car is 05 so obviously not worth it.
I checked it then and the problem was the pads they fitted were wider than the original ones so were riding the unworn edge of the disk. New discs and it was perfect. New pads would have done too.
The wheels had been put back on with the torque gun too, I could hardly get the studs out.

We gave it a try with the wire and it is well blocked. It looks like someone more dexterous than me will have to replace the pipe.
Replaced the pipe and four heater plugs €90 labor. The total bill was €222 . I got the old pipe and even in the Vise it was impossible to clean. I cut it open and it was full of hard soot .

Replaced the pipe and four heater plugs €90 labor. The total bill was €222 . I got the old pipe and even in the Vise it was impossible to clean. I cut it open and it was full of hard soot .
Was access easy enough then?

He bent a heat shield out of the way . The problem arises if it wrings off as you would have to take the manifold off to get at it . They have been known to wring off .
That could have been it. I know on the Renault there is poor access. I'd imagine it should be better to access on the qashqai. Good to get it sorted regardless.

It has been said before that running a diesel car in eco mode all the time can cause blockages. Switch off eco mode on the weekends and give it a good cook.

Back